Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a middle-aged workaholic Japanese working in Wiesbaden Germany. I started to listen to classical music when I was 20 years old in Japan. I stopped listening to this type of music for some time, because it was just big noises to my ex-wife. After moving to Germany I have now more chances of going to concerts. Thanks to my Creative Zen MP3 player, I can carry around about 400 CDs with me. I am now trying to build up again a custom of listening to the music regularly and I know friends with same hobbies can help lots.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Hi, takikura. Welcome to TC!

Germany, huh? Have you managed to visit all the famous composers' haunts there, and in nearby Austria? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, opus67. Thanks

I have visited Weimar, Lipzig, Bon and Salzburg. I travel around on business in Europe. Unfortunately the great composers did not live in the cities our customers are located in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dear Opus67, David and Philly

I was busy not only with traveling on business but with also building up my MP3 classical music library.
I have spent most of my free time this year, ripping my CDs and editing ID tags to make them suited to My Zen touch player. I have ripped so far close to 1000 CDs which are mostly among 10 best performances of 300 selected classical music works. A Japanese monthly classical music journal publishing company publishes such a guide book every 3-5 years.

Thru this eye lid swelling hard works in front of my PC I really felt MP3 players are not made for classical music. My phatbox MP3 player for my car does not show any tags but pronaunce album name in computer voice. My Zen touch shows artist, album and truck. The trucks are used for movement descriptions and artists are used for composer names. Then I have to compress the name of works, singers, conductors and orchestras into album names.

The library is 80% finished. I will have more time now and thus will try to show up here more often than beforel.:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.