Classical Music Forum banner
21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
I personally have always loved the majesty of baroque brass. As in Bach's Orchestral Suites Nos. 3 & 4, and the ever popular Handel's Music for the Royal Fireworks.

Beethoven was a classical composer, can’t imagine you would find his compositions lame.
While Beethoven was technically a classical era composer, he defined the romantic style.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I would bet the author of this thread is a young person, probably 35 years of age or less. Almost everyone starts out with high octane romantic music, then tires of it after a decade or so and begins to discover the world of classical music goes way beyond big noises, volcanic speeds, and enormous romantic ideas.
I am a young person (23) who has been listening to classical music for the past five years. While my preference is for romantic orchestral music, I love romantic chamber music, some Modernist music, Haydn, Mozart, and Bach.

In short, my tastes are more diverse than high-octane romantic music.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Funny how this forum allows and encourages any random opinion and expression of desecration towards the pillars of Western culture, but if you dare hurt the sensibility of a random forum poster, the moderator will come and make you a lesson of how to act like a good mommy’s boy.

·
Read Only
2,024 Posts
Funny how this forum allows and encourages any random opinion and expression of desecration towards the pillars of Western culture, but if you dare hurt the sensibility of a random forum poster, the moderator will come and make you a lesson of how to act like a good mommy’s boy.
It's all good. But if you make a thread like this about contemporary music, woe be unto you. You'll have commenters coming out of the woodwork who haven't been around since 2014 and moderators alternating 12 hour shifts to keep an eye out for mayhem.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's all good. But if you make a thread like this about contemporary music, woe be unto you. You'll have commenters coming out of the woodwork who haven't been around since 2014 and moderators alternating 12 hour shifts to keep an eye out for mayhem.
Well, if you ask me, “decadent music” is real, and no one will bully me into refraining from despising the subversive elements of Western Civilization, be it rap, hip hop, or serial music.
I hope I’m not making any bad tropes :)

·
Registered
766 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yeah, it's amazingly funny, but I don't see the relevance here.
Besides that, the pillars are dead & buried in this case, so they probably do/can not care less, whilst the forum members are quite alive.

Nothing wrong with behaving oneself on a forum.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Captain, your thread title strikes me as bizarre. I thought you were a big fan of Mozart, and not just of Symphonies 40 and 41. I believe I recall your starting a thread just to comment on how charming Mozart's 1st Symphony was.

So what happened?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah, it's amazingly funny, but I don't see the relevance here.
Besides that, the pillars are dead & buried in this case, so they probably do/can not care less, whilst the forum members are quite alive.

Nothing wrong with behaving oneself on a forum.
You surely qualify as a well behaved good boy but I still like to show humility and respect for those who have actually contributed to who we are.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Captain, your thread title strikes me as bizarre. I thought you were a big fan of Mozart, and not just of Symphonies 40 and 41. I believe I recall your starting a thread just to comment on how charming Mozart's 1st Symphony was.

So what happened?
Yes I remember him saying that Mozart’s music is “pure and innocent” in a good way. I assumed it applied to more than just two symphonies and a few sonatas.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts