Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Senior Moderator
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!
32,657 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nails53! If at any time you have questions about how things work here, feel free to start a (private) conversation with a member of the moderating staff (I'm usually around).

Enjoy the site - it's mostly harmless. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Nails53, welcome and do have a great time, any special composers/ styles in your taste?
RogerX. Many thanks for the welcome.
There is an awful lot of advice on where to start out there but I have decided to grab a few cds from the local charity shops around my area, and trawl youtube for whatever catches my fancy.
Vilvaldi gets the thumbs up, as does Bach, and Ralph Vaughan Williams.
Luckily I have a lot of charity shops close by and have managed to get both DKs " The Classical Music Guide " and " The Rough Guide to Classical music "
I`m also lucky to have a world class Orchestra right on my doorstep ( though not in the literal sense ) that being the CBSO.:cool:(y)

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Welcome, hope you enjoy the site.
There is plenty of advice to be had, some great, some good, some not so good, but since the arrival of YouTube, Spotify etc etc I reckon the best advice is use your ears - if it sounds good to you and it gives you pleasure it is good!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have 4 charity shops within a 10 minute walk of my house.
Picked up Tosca ( EMI Classic ) Antonio Pappano Royal Opera House Covent Garden, and Deutsche Grammophon, Bach- Concertos Hilary Hahn £4.

·
Premium Member
7,584 Posts
I`ve been rumbled :)
It was an easy guess for those of us of a certain vintage. Welcome to TC. Enjoy your charity shop buys. Ive had some crackers from them over the years. Btw, if you have the CBSO on your doorstep then you must be a............

BRUMMIE!

(Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, West Brom or Walsall fan?)

·
Administrator
5,120 Posts
First registered with this forum sometime ago after a brief flirt with classical music.
Now I`m retired I can devout more time to appreciating classical music as my interest in other forms of music wanes.
So hello to one and all:)
Welcome to the forum, Nails53. Ahh, retirement ... I did that in 2006, at least from my full time non-music related job. I continue my musical career in church music as an organist and pianist, something that I've been doing since 1961.

From lurker to member ... that's great and we're happy that you are here.

If you have any questions please let one of the staff, or myself, know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts