Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
O...M...G!!!

VIVALDI IS THE BEST!
Did you want to talk about his concertos?
I might as well start things off...
WHAT IS YOUR MOST FAVORITE VIVALDI PIECE?
My favorite are the "Four Seasons" Violin Concerto! I especially love the spring and winter movements! I look forward to your feedback!

4/4player

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I performed Vivaldi's Cello Suite #4 in a student recital fairly recently. I highly enjoyed it for its variety of rhythms and catchy melodies. If there's one thing I've learned from experiencing Vivaldi for myself is that his music is not performed often enough.

·
Banned
359 Posts
In the 'Groves Dictionary of Music and Musicians' there is a comment made by someone in the 18th century that Vivalidi was perhaps the single greatest musician who influenced Bach. That's amazing. I agree that his music is not performed often enough. He was very popular in the 1730's in Germany.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think my favorite is violin concerto #32,474 :D
Just kidding! I don't listen to as much Vivaldi as I used to but I do enjoy him. I enjoy his recorder concertos quite a bit.

If you haven't already checked out Giuliano Carmignola doing Vivaldi give him a try. I have his cd Late Violin Concertos (RV177 / RV222 / RV273 / RV295 / RV375 / RV191) and it's quite exciting. If you got bored with Vivaldi's violin concertos (as I did for a while) give it a shot. The sound is full and loud and seems very close. Recommended.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Vivaldi may have been my first love of classical music. He does sound a bit repetitive, but I think his mention in this is overdone as his cliche's are very good. He's a good introduction because most of his stuff is genuinely listenable and interesting and not overcomplecated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
While posting in another thread I remembered one of my favorite Vivaldi pieces...Gloria In Excelsis Deo. If you like choral works like Bach's Magnificat (which it's often paired with) you'll love Gloria. It's very tuneful just like all of Vivaldi's works but with that touch of divine inspiration :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.