Classical Music Forum banner
6921 - 6940 of 6967 Posts

·
Premium Member
Chicago (ex-Dublin)
2,877 Posts
I got a new guitar. It's an air-guitar. Will post pictures soon. I'd like to see pictures of your air-guitars too.
I tricked a rube on eBay into selling me an air guitar for less than half the asking price that was originally owned by Eric Clapton who lent it to Jeff Beck who then gave it to Jimmy Page even though Clapton wanted it back.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I had a great title for a stupid thread idea but I see someone’s already actually posited as a real, and I use that term advisedly, thread! 😱

·
Premium Member
Chicago (ex-Dublin)
2,877 Posts
I nearly bought that until I realised I'd have to replace the pick-ups.
Too lazy to deal with two air screws, eh? - Your loss was my gain, my friend.

The dealer threw in an air guitar case, the actual air pick used by Hendrix at Woodstock, and offered to give me 20% off a vintage '60s air stack of Marshall amps with 4 x 12 cabs that the roadies from Uriah Heep stole from Deep Purple when they shared the bill with Mott the Hoople at the Hammersmith Odeon.

I would have been a complete feckin' idiot to walk away from a deal like that...

·
Premium Member
Chicago (ex-Dublin)
2,877 Posts
I had a great title for a stupid thread idea but I see someone’s already actually posited as a real, and I use that term advisedly, thread! 😱
I've narrowed it down to four... maybe five threads... Send me a PM telling me which of the 4 or 5 real ones is the stupid one that you're referring to...

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I've narrowed it down to four... maybe five threads... Send me a PM telling me which of the 4 or 5 real ones is the stupid one that you're referring to...
I would except I’ve no idea how you PM in our brave new world!

·
Premium Member
Chicago (ex-Dublin)
2,877 Posts
Actually... TC's Top 100 Ideas for Stupid Threads isn't a bad idea - It would probably be quite a hoot - We just need to find someone with enough time on their hands and/or is dumb enough to wade through almost 7,000 posts.

6921 - 6940 of 6967 Posts