Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi my name is Lisa, I'm from New Jersey. I've been playing piano for almost 11 years. Even though Im only 17, i LOVE classical music. I can't get enough of it, and most people think its odd that a high school student like me would be so interested in it.
I just came here to find people who actually know what I'm talking about when I say "yea i love chopin's etudes".....instead of getting "Whats an etude, Lisa?" ya know... hahah hopefully someone can save me from these people!!!

I was also wondering if anyone had any recomendations of colleges with solid music prgrams in the NY/NJ area. I'm already looking at The college of NJ, NYU, and Mason Gross. input is appreciated!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome on the Board, Lisa!

I know this problem you are talking about. Almost the same in the highschool I was in.

So my question is: what etude are you working on? What other pieces...are you planning to do music as profession?

I hope you'll enjoy the board, and again, welcome!

Daniel :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Daniel, thanks for the welcome. Yes, I'd like to be come a music teacher eventually. For my college auditions, I'm preparing Chopin's "Cello" Etude in C# minor, (not certain of the number off-hand.) I'm also playing the first movement of Mozart's Sonata in F Major, and of course you've got to have a Prelude and Fugue from WTC. They are also in F Major. Other than my college pieces, I'm attempting to learn Mendelssohn's Piano Concerto in G Minor. Great piece but pretty difficult! :)
What instruments do you play? Is music your profession or just a hobbie?

Talk to you soon
~Lisa

·
Registered
768 Posts
LiLi said:
Hi Daniel, thanks for the welcome. Yes, I'd like to be come a music teacher eventually. For my college auditions, I'm preparing Chopin's "Cello" Etude in C# minor, (not certain of the number off-hand.) I'm also playing the first movement of Mozart's Sonata in F Major, and of course you've got to have a Prelude and Fugue from WTC. They are also in F Major. Other than my college pieces, I'm attempting to learn Mendelssohn's Piano Concerto in G Minor. Great piece but pretty difficult! :)
What instruments do you play? Is music your profession or just a hobbie?

Talk to you soon
~Lisa
The Mendelssohn concerto! Great as any Mendelssohn! (I have to say that, because I am Mendelssohn-enthusiast :D)

Well, I am composing and playing piano and violin. My plans are going to a composition study, but I failed with the entry exams for this time after I did the entry exam after my graduation in highschool (in one city I passed the exam, but didn't get a place and in another city I was not accepted).

So I'll start musicology now and will make a new try with composition as soon as possible.

The "Cello-Etude" is the slow one with the wonderful left hand-cantilenes, right?
And the Mozart, I think there are 3 F-major sonata's, so what sonata exactly?

Good luck and keep us informed about the going-on and the results!

Greetings,
Daniel :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.