Classical Music Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
I don't particularly want to create and remember a 10 character password, nor would I be worried about someone hacking into TC and impersonating me (What would they do? Libel Beethoven?). I may just leave. MarkW
If your TC password becomes known to a criminal, rather than libelling Beethoven, they may try to see if you use the same or similar password for your bank account.

·
Premium Member
Chicago (ex-Dublin)
2,282 Posts
When I on the edit profile page change my password and update my email address and click "save changes" nothing happens. So I can't do the requested actions.
Don't do them both at the same time. First, change your password - You'll be logged out and will then have to log back in.

Then change your email address - You will need to provide your new password in order to do so.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
The absolute minimum is 8 characters. I don't know what the maximum character limit is.
One would think that 12 to 16 characters would be sufficient.
I always use 10 characters 1, 2, 3, 4 followed by my favourite composer who is Wagner. Easy to remember.

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
Periodic password changes are certainly in order these days. I change mine every 45 days. The place where I worked required password changes every 45 days ... I got used to it and it's no big deal.

Sometimes I will use the serial number of $1 bill (US) ... nobody else has that same number in the entire world. I put that $1 bill in my wallet and never spend it ... I've always got my password with me.

·
Premium Member
Chicago (ex-Dublin)
2,282 Posts
The absolute minimum is 8 characters. I don't know what the maximum character limit is.
One would think that 12 to 16 characters would be sufficient.
You can see the following requirements when you Click on "Edit Email and Password" -

X - Must be at least 10 characters
X - Must contain lower-case characters
X - Must contain upper-case characters
X - Must contain numbers
X - Must contain symbols

Maybe split the difference and make it 9 characters...

·
Registered
32,462 Posts
I presume that the password you send me is good for keeping?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Don't do them both at the same time. First, change your password - You'll be logged out and will then have to log back in.

Then change your email address - You will need to provide your new password in order to do so.
This worked for a new password.
Managed to log in again.

But changing my e-mail address still doesn't work.
I use my new valid password and then change my e-mail address, click on 'save changes' and nothing happens.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I always use 10 characters 1, 2, 3, 4 followed by my favourite composer who is Wagner. Easy to remember.
I've always used passphrases. I worked in the IT department of a local private college, just prior to the turn of the millennium. When I entered my own password in the presence of clients, as a touch typist, my fingers flew all over the keyboard. They'd often ask, "Do you think your password is long enough?"

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't know my password. Any of my passwords. They live in a password locker -- "LastPass" in my case. When I need a password, I let "LastPass" generate it. 16 random characters -- upper, lower, numbers, special characters. I do keep a copy of the "LastPass" master password in a cryptically named file to launch "LastPass" to unlock the locker after a restart. Not technically a safe practice, but close enough.

Once you have your password locker set up, it will automatically enter your username and password when you launch a sight.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts