Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, the title gives it away - I am a radio host in the Metro Detroit area (USA), and not only do I host at a terrestrial (land-based) station (WRCJ 90.9, where I am a fill-in) I have a playground called www.classicalmusicbroadcast.com.

Here is the station mission statement:
Congratulations on finding the best classical radio programming around! Our commitment to provide you the listener with the highest quality classical music programming available. Twenty-four hours a day, our classical music hosts present the full range of classical music - instumental, vocal, choral, modern, and opera.

Soon to feature LIVE programming and requests

We want to make classical music and the arts a more important part of more people's lives - stay tuned!

We broadcast over the Internet at 96kbps - for those of you who are non-technical, that is a fairly high quality bitrate. Many stations broadcast at 22k, which gives that "tinny" sound we all associate with Internet radio.

I hold a Masters in Opera from the University of Cincinnati, College-Conservatory of Music, and miss going to live concerts a LOT - Detroit area concerts are far too high-priced, so I listen to a lot of recorded music.
I'm looking forward to meeting/sharing with everyone.

Thanks, CMB

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm getting quite a bit of traffic from the del.icio.ous link already - if anyone does listen, please PLEASE report back using the site feedback form - especially if you have any issues connecting or with sound quality, etc.

We really want to provide a high-quality stream, and if we don't know about problems, we can't fix it.

I hope everyone here has a lovely holiday!!!

~cmb~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.