Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Chicago (ex-Dublin)
2,314 Posts
Sounds like he was really the Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns
The sports analogy extends further than you might think -

Tales from the Locker Room: An Anecdotal Portrait of George Szell and his Cleveland Orchestra

https://www.amazon.com/Tales-Locker-Room-Anecdotal-Cleveland/dp/1626130469

===========================================================

And as long as were on the subject of Cleveland sports... The Cleveland major league baseball team formerly known as the "Indians" announced today that they are now going to be known as the "Cleveland Guardians".

If someone had asked me... which they didn't but should have... I would have suggested

the "Cleveland Rocks" - really nice Ian Hunter reference combined with the location of the Rock
and Roll Hall of Fame.

I know, I know... this has nothing to do with anything but someday... if you're ever on Jeopardy and this comes up you'll thank me....

·
Premium Member
Chicago (ex-Dublin)
2,314 Posts
I'm really surprised they didn't go with the "Cleveland Szells." You'd think the whole city would get behind honoring one if its most distinguished figures.
Even better - the "Cleveland Szellots" - when you combine Szell with zealots magic is made... well... maybe not "magic".... but it sure is kind of catchy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.