Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Printed the article for tonights reading.Brahms has to be my second favourite after Beethoven. Topaz can I ask how you feel in regards to Debussy & Ravels Quartet's, or were you covering the romantic period only.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This article has clarified somethings of a misery. A long time back I remember hearing a Brahms sym played by four hands, it was so out of context, I was puzzled?I remember being excited, had no idea Brahms had scored the work for his own instrument,I intend to make some purchases, & hope I find Naxos in S.F. at Xmas.I t is great to read your lists, keep them coming

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for clarifying the situation on the Brahms article. I intend to refer to it often, It's too bad Topaz left, however "Hexameron's" contribution was excellant,I think I have mentioned somewhere, after Beethoven, Brahm's runs a very close second, however, although I know his work fairly well, I do not have that much, so ,definately on my list, I also appreciated " ChamberNut's selection, because I adore chamber music,& some of Brahms, Clarinet Quintet, Piano Quintet op 34,superb!,heard for the first time in what I call. my church, Wigmore Hall, so, yes I am finding this forum very informative.One question, has Brahms written any simple works for the piano? Lesley

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mango ,I appreciate your time for the suggested piano works by Brahm's, the list is growing along with "Hexameron's" & "ChamberNut's.The Sym's & Piano Concerto's I have.
Possible have heard most of his chamber works,(& this is where I am mentally right now)
Difficult for me to hear live music, as I live in Normandy,listen to Radio Classic, which is of fairly high standard, however the days are gone where one hears the whole work! hence my search, to build a music libraryof the God's Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.