Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed my status has changed from junior member to member. How does this work?

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One becomes a junior member at 10 posts, a member at 50 posts, and a senior member at 100. Nothing changes with that status after that.
Thanks for explaining

·
Premium Member
11,411 Posts
What does it mean when a member's level says "Ret" in parentheses after the level (e.g., "Senior Member (Ret)")?
The member is deceased, I believe. I'm guessing that ret. means retired?

Reactions: Krummhorn

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Most of the titles are generated by the forum software as you make more and more posts or get promoted to moderator or get banned. The retired title is added manually. Sometimes it replaces another title in which case it goes in full. In other cases, it is added to an existing title in which case it gets abbreviated. It varies.

·
Administrator
5,107 Posts
"Ret" and/or "Retired" signifies that the member has passed away ... The account and its posts remains extant forever, just as "inactive" accounts do.

If the member was on staff, then those special permissions are deleted from the account.

Entering "Ret" or "Retired" is an admin function only, and has to be done manually.

·
Premium Member
11,411 Posts
I still think we should have another level after 'Senior'. Any suggestions? Geriatric member? Old Duffer member? Crusty member? Oh hang on I don't like the term 'crusty member'. :rolleyes:
Napoleon's veteran guardsmen were nicknamed grognards, which I think equates to 'grumblers'. Sounds good, but I think the term has already been used by keen advanced-level wargaming types.

Reactions: Merl
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.