Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The point is rock music discussion isn't that busy on this forum. It has nothing to do with appropriateness. I've participated in most of these discussions. I'm not whining. Red Terror was whining about no KC discussion on the Tull thread. Now he's found the right thread.

I appreciate KC but I don't buy anymore of their music at this point. I've got all the early stuff, plus many live collections up through the 90s. And I have some Belew, and Trey Gunn albums that I enjoy.
The new "Meltdown: Live In Mexico City" is a hell of a disc. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I love ELP but they only made five good records. GG made about six. I actually really enjoy the recent KC band playing material spanning a 50 year period.
I'd love for KC to put out an album of new material. I don't hate the band, but I am tired of listening to different iterations of the same material. I am sure they at least have one more album in them.

As for GG—what other band sound sounds like them? They're utterly unique.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Robert Fripp and his wife Toyah have a regular YouTube program called "Toyah and Robert's Sunday Lunch" - Here's the link -

Fair warning - Once you see their rendition of "Blitzkrieg Bop" you will never be able to un-see it...
😀

Looks like Fripp is willing to do anything at this point ... except record an album of new material. But I suppose the slew of (mostly) quality live material is better than the uninspired studio efforts of Pink Floyd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts