Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was is very very(neologism needed) intense, furious, hard grinding riffs, instrumental rock that border sludge, Imagine Coloured Balls on the steroid of nowaday, what is the news bands whit this formula, name instrumental rock band that reeks insane power cords, progressive, heavy beyond heavy, bass heavy too, hard hiting drummer.

Those these kinds of bands still exist nowaday as we speak, the spiritual son of Coloured Balls, who focus on instrumental laden guitar mish-mash of fury?

:tiphat:

· Registered
2,122 Posts
By "instrumental rock band" do you mean "without vocals?" Because I can't think of many bands that fit that description that don't have vocalists. Perhaps the closest I can think of is Pelican, but they're not always "intense, furious, and heavy" (they have a lot of post-rock vibes to them).

· Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By "instrumental rock band" do you mean "without vocals?" Because I can't think of many bands that fit that description that don't have vocalists. Perhaps the closest I can think of is Pelican, but they're not always "intense, furious, and heavy" (they have a lot of post-rock vibes to them).
I know Pelican, love there debut more than other releases I have them all, but I'm looking for rocker format more than prog instrumental, but I wish to thank you for this posting contribution, do you know from England Zonderhof, there an heavy sludge-rolls bands, there good , once again I like there first demo and album but find there recent release too math rock= neo-proggy?

· Registered
2,122 Posts
I know Pelican, love there debut more than other releases I have them all, but I'm looking for rocker format more than prog instrumental, but I wish to thank you for this posting contribution, do you know from England Zonderhof, there an heavy sludge-rolls bands, there good , once again I like there first demo and album but find there recent release too math rock= neo-proggy?
Well that's the thing, I don't know of many rocker bands without vocals. Is it OK if they have vocals? Have you heard High on Fire? You might dig them. I haven't heard/heard of Zonderhof.

· Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Earth is what you are looking for

Yes buddy I'm aware of Earth extracapsular extraction, Low frequencies, and I use to had the third one, but did not hear them all beyond this point, how are later Earth album like what thee best later EARTH

· Registered
1,117 Posts
RANDY HOLDEN "POPULATION 2"

He used 12 amps with Blue Cheer.

Wanted to have the same big sound with Population but the engineer said it wasn't feasible for the studio, so he used a car amp and 12 oval car speakers!

It goes without saying that randy was not at all pleased with the end result.

· Registered
2,122 Posts
What about Fleshpress from Finland all-instrumental Behemot darken in black ink
Haven't heard of them. Have you heard Swans? You'd probably dig them if you haven't. Their early stuff was very noisy/punky, but they got much grander, more post-rock/proggy as they went on. How about Triptykon? They were made up of ex-members of Celtic Frost and Hellhammer. Heavy as hell band. Both bands have vocals, but I'd still say are more about that musical intensity.

· Registered
2,731 Posts
Haven't heard of them. Have you heard Swans? You'd probably dig them if you haven't. Their early stuff was very noisy/punky, but they got much grander, more post-rock/proggy as they went on. How about Triptykon? They were made up of ex-members of Celtic Frost and Hellhammer. Heavy as hell band. Both bands have vocals, but I'd still say are more about that musical intensity.
Triptykon is a good band, but Swans? Much too repetitive and bereft of creative ideas.

· Registered
2,006 Posts
Swans is a f---n great band, its a minimalist vibe so of course there is repetition. Does not so much fit the OP though.

No one mentioned Sunn 0))), the successor to 90s Earth

Also a number of fringe Black Metal acts with little or no vocals

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.