Classical Music Forum banner
15621 - 15640 of 15728 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,178 Posts
Had the Beethoven Vermeer middle quartets digitally for many years but I always wanted the original Teldec early, middle and late quartet discs so I decided to try and pick them up secondhand. Happily I picked up....

Early Quartets £3
Middle Quartets £4.50
Late Quartets £5.50

Pretty pleased to finally get the whole set for £13 considering the rereleased cycle is currently showing up at £100 on Amazon UK.

Forehead Hair Face Head Chin

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yes, indeed, RogerX ... Mr. KRAUSS ... from the days when Mr. Kleiber, Mr. Furtwangler and others made some excellent recordings. One of my favorites, of Krauss ... is a little-known performance/dub of Puccini - Il Tabarro - with the late Peter Anders, the exceptional German baritone - Mathieu Ahlersmeyer, from the 1930s, in Germany. Well, again, hope you enjoy that Krauss reissue set ... and thanks, also, for the Ruth Slenczysnka reissue,

·
Registered
32,531 Posts
Yes, indeed, RogerX ... Mr. KRAUSS ... from the days when Mr. Kleiber, Mr. Furtwangler and others made some excellent recordings. One of my favorites, of Krauss ... is a little-known performance/dub of Puccini - Il Tabarro - with the late Peter Anders, the exceptional German baritone - Mathieu Ahlersmeyer, from the 1930s, in Germany. Well, again, hope you enjoy that Krauss reissue set ... and thanks, also, for the Ruth Slenczysnka reissue,
There are two also interesting releases. I am doubting about.
https://www.eloquenceclassics.com/forthcoming-releases/

The The Orchestral Edition is high on my radar. ;)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
My recent additions between the end of December and now shown below. Some of these - the Eric Coates recordings especially I have commented on in the Current Listening thread.

The Markevitch set has been on my radar for some time and I really happy to have finally picked up a copy. The Malcolm Sargent Icon set likewise has long been on my list and I finally took the opportunity to pick this one up to. I have only grazed the surface of these two sets but they sound fantastic so far and the Eric Coates albums are superb and wholly recommendable.

·
Registered
32,531 Posts

Seven Days Walking (Limited Edition) De luxe box with 7 albums
Artiest(en): Ludovico Einaudi

Reactions: Selby

·
Registered
455 Posts
Monday the Mrs brought these home from Hospital Thrift Store where she volunteers; .25cents each. I must say I'm looking forward to hearing Mr. Ts'ong I have not heard of him previously.

Chopin, Ivo Pogorelich - Préludes
Label: Deutsche Grammophon 1990

Chopin, Fou Ts'ong - Mazurkas
Label: Sony Classical 2 CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered, 1993

Beethoven - Nikolaus Harnoncourt, The Chamber Orchestra Of Europe - Symphony No. 2. / Symphony No. 5 on Teldec CD 1992

Danzi/Spohr/Sawallisch/Residenz-Quintett München - Kammermusik Für Bläser
Claves Label CD Switzerland 1987
Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Music Font Recital
Textile Sleeve Dress Art One-piece garment
Font Poster Blazer Suit Collar
Architecture Font Adaptation Landmark Facade

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Three more wind band spectaculars featuring the late maestro Frederick Fennell. Thanks again to TC members and fellow wind players (both bassoonists, but I suppose that counts) arpeggio and Heck148. Those of you who aren't wind players, imagine yourself sitting in the middle of this maelstrom without ear plugs.:lol:

Font Rectangle Poster Electric blue Advertising
Baton Musical instrument Font Musical instrument accessory Recital
Smile Poster Beard Font Publication

15621 - 15640 of 15728 Posts