Classical Music Forum banner
15721 - 15740 of 15769 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I finally found copies of these Celibidache Bruckner Sony recordings on CD and ordered them immediately. I have the DVDs of these performances but my TV audio is nowhere near as good as my HiFi and I wanted to listen to these on the go. They compliment the EMI Recordings beautifully. I wish I hadn’t hesitated in the past on ordering them but they are worth the wait. The recording of the Sixth Symphony went straight into my HiFi.
Coat Gesture Music Font Entertainment

Baton Gesture Music Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory

Coat Gesture Font Music Suit

This Brahms Cycle was an accidental find. I bought it used for less than £5. Unusually it was not as described - the case was smashed and the discs very scratched. I’ve tested two of the four discs and so far they work so I’ll let it slide this time for the price (and previously excellent service). I bought a new case and have really enjoyed what I have heard so far. I’m not overly familiar with Haitinks output - I mainly know of his wok from later releases in his career (his LSO Beethoven and some releases of Choral Works by Haydn/Beethoven post 2000).

Plant Plant community Ecoregion Green Vertebrate

·
Premium Member
Chicago (ex-Dublin)
3,056 Posts
I even started this morning with a disc: Mozart: Divertimenti III
To be fair, member Bourdon also a big fan of that box.. (y)
You're right - I just wasn't thinking - Too many things going on at the same time - It was indeed seeing the postings made by the both of you which led to the decision to purchase. Looking forward to the set - Again, my thanks!

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I finally found copies of these Celibidache Bruckner Sony recordings on CD and ordered them immediately. I have the DVDs of these performances but my TV audio is nowhere near as good as my HiFi and I wanted to listen to these on the go. They compliment the EMI Recordings beautifully. I wish I hadn’t hesitated in the past on ordering them but they are worth the wait. The recording of the Sixth Symphony went straight into my HiFi.
View attachment 170360

View attachment 170362

View attachment 170361
A magnificent partial Bruckner symphony cycle! I bought them all together as a set via Amazon Japan many months ago:

Bruckner Celibidache Japan

·
Registered
646 Posts
I just purchased "The Brendan Voyage" It is a piece for orchestra and Uilleann pipes, composed by Shaun Davey. I heard this piece many years ago, in Scotland, one time, and never forgot it. It is surprisingly wonderful without even knowing the story behind it. The once thought to be strong and loud Uillean pipes fighting to be heard like St. Brendan in the vast ocean of the orchestra. Magnificent. The album I bought features Liam O'Flynn on the pipes. Something to check out.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
A magnificent partial Bruckner symphony cycle! I bought them all together as a set via Amazon Japan many months ago:

Bruckner Celibidache Japan
I didn’t know a collected set existed otherwise I would have gone for that instead.

I’m still happy with what I have though and will keep an eye out for the Eighth Symphony.

Reactions: Neo Romanza
15721 - 15740 of 15769 Posts