Classical Music Forum banner
15721 - 15728 of 15728 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I finally found copies of these Celibidache Bruckner Sony recordings on CD and ordered them immediately. I have the DVDs of these performances but my TV audio is nowhere near as good as my HiFi and I wanted to listen to these on the go. They compliment the EMI Recordings beautifully. I wish I hadn’t hesitated in the past on ordering them but they are worth the wait. The recording of the Sixth Symphony went straight into my HiFi.
Coat Gesture Music Font Entertainment

Baton Gesture Music Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory

Coat Gesture Font Music Suit

This Brahms Cycle was an accidental find. I bought it used for less than £5. Unusually it was not as described - the case was smashed and the discs very scratched. I’ve tested two of the four discs and so far they work so I’ll let it slide this time for the price (and previously excellent service). I bought a new case and have really enjoyed what I have heard so far. I’m not overly familiar with Haitinks output - I mainly know of his wok from later releases in his career (his LSO Beethoven and some releases of Choral Works by Haydn/Beethoven post 2000).

Plant Plant community Ecoregion Green Vertebrate

·
Registered
32,529 Posts

Saw this one being played quite often by @Rogerx and decided to make the purchase as it fills in some of the gaps in my collection - My thanks for the recommendation!
I even started this morning with a disc: Mozart: Divertimenti III
To be fair, member Bourdon also a big fan of that box.. (y)

Reactions: Shaughnessy

·
Premium Member
Chicago (ex-Dublin)
2,439 Posts
I even started this morning with a disc: Mozart: Divertimenti III
To be fair, member Bourdon also a big fan of that box.. (y)
You're right - I just wasn't thinking - Too many things going on at the same time - It was indeed seeing the postings made by the both of you which led to the decision to purchase. Looking forward to the set - Again, my thanks!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Felix Mendelssohn: Geistliches Chorwerk (Sacred Choral Works)
Kammerchor Stuttgart & Frieder Bernius et al.

Azure Organism Font Aqua Rectangle

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I finally found copies of these Celibidache Bruckner Sony recordings on CD and ordered them immediately. I have the DVDs of these performances but my TV audio is nowhere near as good as my HiFi and I wanted to listen to these on the go. They compliment the EMI Recordings beautifully. I wish I hadn’t hesitated in the past on ordering them but they are worth the wait. The recording of the Sixth Symphony went straight into my HiFi.
View attachment 170360

View attachment 170362

View attachment 170361
A magnificent partial Bruckner symphony cycle! I bought them all together as a set via Amazon Japan many months ago:

Bruckner Celibidache Japan

15721 - 15728 of 15728 Posts