Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,506 Posts
A great work with a backstory that I find deeply interesting - both as history and as an example of modern music being played and enjoyed in the most unlikely of circumstances. More and more I am becoming allergic to choosing best performances of favourite works! There are many that I enjoy but that are very different from each other - I don't think there is a single right way (although there may be wrong ways!) - and I think I get to know more about the piece by enjoying such a range. I could probably arrive at 3 or 4 very different favourites but anyway I have enjoyed these

Font Art Happy Symbol Illustration

Atmosphere Sky Rectangle Cloud Natural landscape

Line Font Symmetry Circle Metal

Rectangle Font Nameplate Gas Cemetery

World Poster Red Religious item Art

·
Registered
11,506 Posts
^ I wonder how the players in the first performance - apparently great success - did? Meanwhile, interpreters have long made small changes to works they are performing and this can be criticised as (pedantically) "not what was written" or as (more meaningfully) (I didn't like the way the did that).

·
Registered
11,506 Posts
^ Which one sounds tonal? Quite a lot of the Quartet for the End of Time is tonal, I am told. My ears don't tell me what music is and is not tonal (or if they do the message meets with incomprehension in my brain) so for me at least the distinction is of no value at all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts