Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
7,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
7,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should add here that there was one poll I looked at yesterday - can't remember which one, and I'm damned if I'm going to look at several dozen of 'em to find the answer - where it was one of the more "obvious" voters that was missing - someone who'd voted "I don't like any" so that there were (I think) 3 votes counted but only 2 names listed. I think I'd have spotted that sort of discrepancy when the poll was still fresh, which suggests that a name actually disappeared over time - but I could be wrong there.

·
Administrator
10,447 Posts
The "extra" vote is from a "guest" ... a non-registered user who was able to cast three votes in that particular poll which originated in May 2015. It is impossible to determine who the "guest" was or when the vote was submitted.

There are several other polls where a "guest" was able to vote prior to the July 2015 server upgrade and modification of the forum software.

I checked the master forum settings and "guests", currently, do not have the permission to vote on polls ... so from July, going forward, guests should not be able to vote.

I randomly checked the polls created since July 2015 and have not found any "guest" votes, so apparently the forum software changes solved the issue. If the problem persists, please let me or Frederik know.

I have edited the poll in question and removed the "guest" votes. As time permits, I will go through the more recent polls and remove guest votes.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention :tiphat:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.