Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who are the moderators on TC. Can we please have a list.
I started a thread. “Too Many Threads”. It received almost 100 responses. Which is a lot more than new threads created in “Classical Music Discussion.”
The moderator who made the change did not offer any explanation
It was sent to the Siberia of sub-forums.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I really enjoyed reading through that thread and I saw it was moved so I was pretty confused. It’s a shame and I really hope it comes back. Sorry I can’t help you I’ve no idea who the moderators are because I’m pretty new as I’m sure judging by your responses to my threads you have noticed but I wanted to reply anyway because every reply helps with traction

·
Premium Member
11,263 Posts
I don't know The Moderators by name. I only know that they look something like this...

·
Administrator
11,936 Posts
Who are the moderators on TC. Can we please have a list.
I started a thread. "Too Many Threads". It received almost 100 responses. Which is a lot more than new threads created in "Classical Music Discussion."
The fact that a thread receives many or few replies has little to do with where it should be placed. Threads that focus on questions or information about the site and not about classical music are generally placed in either Site Feedback & Technical Support or in Area 51. This thread probably should have been moved earlier, but sometimes we are not aware of the issue for awhile. When we move threads, we do have the option of leaving an "expiring redirect" that will show a link to the new location from the old location so people looking for the thread in the original forum would see that it has been moved. Sorry for any confusion.

You need to check out what's available here on TC so you can find things on your own. Anyways, go to the main page, click on quick links, click on site leaders, and there you are.
This is correct, but the list could be a bit misleading since it lists all moderators including those who are not active or less active now.

The active moderators are:
Art Rock
Nereffid
Taggart
mmsbls
Krummhorn

·
Super Moderator
30,564 Posts
I started a thread. "Too Many Threads". It received almost 100 responses. Which is a lot more than new threads created in "Classical Music Discussion."
I moved it for the reasons given by mmsbls above. I did not post a message, which given the confusion I probably should have done. I did leave an expiring redirect.

I really enjoyed reading through that thread and I saw it was moved so I was pretty confused. It's a shame and I really hope it comes back.
The thread is still available and open for discussion. It is just in a different forum - the one where it should have been started. The Classical Music forum is for "General discussion about classical music and composers." The thread I moved is not. I realize that for people new to the site, it is easiest to start any thread in the Classical Music forum, but that does not mean it is the right thing to do.

The current thread is another example - it is a question about the site, and has nothing to do with "classical music and composers". We'll leave it here for now but it will also be moved to the right forum the coming days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts