Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one seen the movie, Mr. Holland's Opus??

It's about a music teacher who struggles through his career to both teach his students and perfect his Opus...I thought the piece was quite good, a well done contemporary piece. I thought it was great!!

You guys should check it out >>> INFO

·
Registered
205 Posts
It was too warm-hearted and uplifting. I like the dark French film, The Piano Teacher, better. I don't know... maybe it's the S&M (Schubert and Masochism) that wins me over. B)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Awesome!

Mr. Holland's Opus is truly a good piece!!!
I bought a dvd of it for under $20.00 at my local bookstore!:eek:
It was uplifting and inspiritional and the drama was good,indeed.
The plot was okay, especially liked how the story "progressed" from year to year.
A must-see movie for music lovers and students!

4/4player

Reactions: Roger Knox

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's a good movie but like Hexameron said it's very sugary and sappy and warm hearted. Not that I dislike uplifting movies but at times you can sense the swelling music cue coming a mile away. Richard Dreyfuss is good as always and the deaf actor who plays his son was good too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I thought the movie was good up until they played his peice at the end. I didn't like the rock (and other) influences one bit. I thought it really took away from the overall feeling of the film.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.