Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,424 Posts
I'm considering visiting Vienna, going to Bruckner Orchestra Linz because probably won't get tickets for Vienna Phil.
Berlin is the other destination: Staasoper & Berlin Phil, would like to get 2 concerts as I have to travel 10 hours.

· Registered
1,424 Posts
I just completed one task of my personal bucket list some weeks ago!

I took the train to Budapest and listened to Mahlers 8th symphony in the state opera. It was a wonderful evening! The day after, we had a look at your beautiful city. It was my first time in Budapest, but definetly not the last one! But I guess, that it was a rare exception (a normal concert in the state opera). Or are there similar concerts sometimes?
There used to be 10 concerts a season in the Opera. My first concert was there in April 2014. The tickets & season tickets were dirt-cheap.

If You interested in orchestral concerts, I suggest buying a ticket to BFO, Hungarian National PO, Hungarian Radio SO or MÁV SO next time. I can help with HRSO tickets as I pay 800HUF per concerts, and I also can help in Hungarian National PO tickets, I bought tickets for 1500HUF in September. Most orchestral concerts are in Liszt Academy or Müpa, I prefer Liszt Academy. Pannon PO gave a concert a couple days ago in Musikverein, but the best seats were 80€ instead of 20€ (Müpa prices).

Today I had the opportunity to book for December 3rd or 4th BFO concert for 1800HUF. This wasn't in my season pass. (Carl Maria von Weber: Oberon – Overture, Grieg: Piano Concerto in A minor, Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 5 with Andrés Orozco-Estrada & Javier Perianes.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts