1 - 20 of 579 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any musicans you don't like?
Share your thoughts!

I'll start with...Richard Clayderman.

And now I have to back it up...Okay, I've read somewhere that he brought piano playing to the masses, and some people learned to play the piano by listening to Clayderman. Well that's all good...until you start looking for some music. I find his style too monotonous, repetitive, boring, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................Hey. Nothing wrong with playing Gounod in sixths, changing the rhythm, and adding some percussion, but if you play the first four measures over and over and over again, it's gonna annoy people.

·
Registered
149 Posts
hmm

Atleast he's not playing Mahler in tritones :rolleyes:

I cannot say she is a bad player, but I think Du Pre was an overrated 'cellist. Yes, she did popularise the Elgar 'cello concerto, and I'm glad she did. Now there is practically a 'cellist on every street corner playing the Elgar :D . But her tone seems rather harsh to my ears. As though she trying to set the 'cello on fire through friction burns :p
Also, jazz saxophonists who play classical. They never have the right tone.
godzilla

·
Site owner emeritus
88 Posts
Daniel said:
Du Près is for me best cellist ever...such a natural and emotional tone, the music lives,....and I felt also in love with the Elgar because of her... :D

I don't like Cziffra or Hamelin...you only hear finger, superb technique yes, but I cannot hear the "music"...
This is a musicians you don't like thread? :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sarah Chang, BLECH, I don't get it. So not musical, so boring so passionless, even when she's beating up her violin going for that enormous sound.

Maxim Vengerov. I only recently became so fed up with him. It was his Saint Saens no 3 recording. UGH, what the hell went wrong there? He's abused his instrument to the point it can hardly produce a nice ringing tone without cracking in the most horrid places and didn't anyone tell him this is a juicy bit of lyrical genius not the Shostakovich? HORRID player.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
Martha. Can't stand her. She always run.Maybe she has diarrhaoea every time she seats
at the piano,and must end the soon as posible to go to the bath.
But what a huge ammount of music she has produced prior to running away...

I've seen her live doing Prok's 3rd, and counts as one of the most exciting experiences in my short life.

After watching Lang Lang taking a master class with Barenboim, on the Appassionata, I think I won't like Lang Lang at all. To the point that I've never bothered purchasing his recordings (not even downloading them for free).

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't like the assistant principal viola in my orchestra. She's always complaining and complaining and complaining. However, she is a good player, which is positive but also prevents me from having ammunition against her.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sarah Chang, BLECH, I don't get it. So not musical, so boring so passionless, even when she's beating up her violin going for that enormous sound.

Maxim Vengerov. I only recently became so fed up with him. It was his Saint Saens no 3 recording. UGH, what the hell went wrong there? He's abused his instrument to the point it can hardly produce a nice ringing tone without cracking in the most horrid places and didn't anyone tell him this is a juicy bit of lyrical genius not the Shostakovich? HORRID player.
Maxim Vengerov! thank you! I find his overly-exaggurated facial expressions annoying. Have you seen him play le Dance des Lutins? Uggh, horrible. I don't like his style nad his face isn't helping the matter at all.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Maxim Vengerov! thank you! I find his overly-exaggurated facial expressions annoying. Have you seen him play le Dance des Lutins? Uggh, horrible. I don't like his style nad his face isn't helping the matter at all.
God, I saw a few of his videos yesterday. You're absolutely right, his stupid facial expressions are incredibly obnoxious. Not to mention his style.

1 - 20 of 579 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.