Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Subscribers and Likes are what a YT channeler wants, then SOME textual info is needed. Nothing drives musicphiles crazier than too few clues!

Well, this YouTube vlogger refuses to play by the rules so the copyright police don't catch him ;)
The vlogger seems to be deliberately dropping the needle mid-track and/or editing out chunks here or there, disrupting linearity, so the automatic copybots don't zero in. In addition, despite being an audiophile and gear-focused channel, the vlogger refuses to disclose the audio gear being used (turntable, tonearm, phono preamp, sound card, etc) LOL!!

IN ANY CASE, that's no excuse for a seasoned CM fan like me to be puzzled. Alas, I shamefully am, so I created this thread.

I'm going to assume many of his LPs are from "pops orchestra" releases. (Sounds like it!)

Let's start here (what is this piece?):

·
Registered
32,524 Posts
It is "Che gelida manina" ( aria ) from La Boheme ( as shazam says ) Now played by Camarata and his orchestra .

Reactions: 13hm13

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is "Che gelida manina" ( aria ) from La Boheme ( as shazam says ) Now played by Camarata and his orchestra .
Yes, that seems to be it. This needledrop vlogger re-uses Camarata records quite a bit.
Here it is from another (non vinyl) source:

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I'll bet this works far better on Classical Music than with Popular music.

I've seen my share of "Reaction videos" of Pop music, and the Youtubers often have to re-edit and repost. Sometimes their usual format of either pausing every once in a while, or talking over the music doesn't work, and they have to cut 'n' splice. This is especially true with CERTAIN artists, notably The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix.

·
Registered
32,524 Posts
I wish Decca would release the rest of their Phase-4 list. The several Camarata LPs were released on that label. Maybe Decca does not have the tapes (or good tapes) and/or sees economic opportunity for Camarata.
Did you search on the Eloquence site, perhaps in another cover....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts