Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious about this; it's not a big deal. :tiphat:

When I post a comment, the thread shows up in the NEW POSTS list right away, but when I make a post in a thread I've created, it's invisible (doesn't show up) in that list; that is, the site doesn't recognize it as being a post with a new comment, even though a comment in someone else's thread is recognized.

Is it a setting in the thread I created?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You lost me at "it's not a big deal".

Seriously, I thought the New Posts button would list all the posts you personally had not seen yet. So it would make sense if none of your posts show up there, because you already saw them. Indeed, when I click that button now, none of my posts made in the past three hours show up. So I'm puzzled why you see your posts there at all?
Me too.

Sometimes they do. Perhaps they become "new" when someone else "Likes" a post in a thread.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the past whenever I replied to a thread if I went back to "New posts" it never showed up but I have just replied to (Novax Jokeavich) and then went back to new posts and it showed up showing me as last poster... ?
Yep, that's what I'm talking about. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't, although it ALWAYS DOESN'T in the thread I created.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts