Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
She cultivated one of the most comfortable, luxurious aesthetics ever with her piano playing and seductive, smoky, quasi-jazz vocal tones and styles. That said, I haven't been too convinced by her attempts at pop or, perhaps more accurately, adult contemporary music; and artistically I think she's, at best, just tread water since her early albums. Still, she's one of those artists I can enjoy in the same way I enjoy relaxing in a hot tub. Not the most intellectually engaging experience, but it has its pleasures.

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She cultivated one of the most comfortable, luxurious aesthetics ever with her piano playing and seductive, smoky, quasi-jazz vocal tones and styles. That said, I haven't been too convinced by her attempts at pop or, perhaps more accurately, adult contemporary music; and artistically I think she's, at best, just tread water since her early albums. Still, she's one of those artists I can enjoy in the same way I enjoy relaxing in a hot tub. Not the most intellectually engaging experience, but it has its pleasures.
Agreed. She's very relaxing, but not very original.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
She is musically pretty boring, especially her first 2 albums. These albums are like one long and bland lullaby stretched over 45 minutes. I remember her 3rd album being better and musically more interesting, but of course, she wasn't famous so much anymore.
I prefer much more Katie Melua while she was working with Mike Batt on her first 3 albums.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts