Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you please recommend me a book from which I can learn something more advanced about orchestration? I'm grown on Rimsky-Korsakov/Strauss' one, although I've heard the great books are by Piston and Adler? Also some more cinematic would be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have read Walter piston's book and it is fairly good. It dabbles in some technical aspects for each instrument, which is quite interesting especially if you want to compose. However, I have not read Adler, so I can't help you in deciding in that aspect.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Could you please recommend me a book from which I can learn something more advanced about orchestration? I'm grown on Rimsky-Korsakov/Strauss' one, although I've heard the great books are by Piston and Adler? Also some more cinematic would be appreciated!

Thanks
The Adler book is great, BUT it is very expensive and you really need the cd's that come with it(and they are expensive as well).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.