Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is now the second time I have been locked out of the forums for a month for switching computer or losing my password.

The password reset process is broken. There's something wrong with the email setup on this system, and less that half the emails it claims to send me are even attempted to be delivered. Of the remaining half, a lot are randomly rejected because of a DNS error:

Policy action=PREPEND Received-SPF: permerror (talkclassical.com: Junk encountered in mechanism 'a:') receiver=morsing.cc; identity=mailfrom; envelope-from="[email protected]"; helo=EUR05-AM6-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com; client-ip=40.107.22.118

The admins of this site NEVER respond to emails, I had that last time as well.

I then tried to setup a new account to get in and ask for help (I now have four accounts), and used a gmail address. On the occasions I received the reset email, when I clicked on the reset link, I received an error saying it had come from an invalid email address (the one it just successfully emailed!).

Really, if I ever lose my password here again, that will be the end of it. I simply cannot spend that much time on it next time.

Regards,
Henrik

·
Administrator
5,107 Posts
Dear Henrik,

Firstly let me earnestly offer my sincerest apologies for the email contact to us. Unfortunately emails sent from the contact us go to an email that is not regularly, if at all, checked. This is most unfortunate, and I feel your pain on this matter.

The default contact email inbox is one of those few things I do not have access or permissions for. I will be sending you an email from my forum email address (Krummhorn) to the email you used to register with password reset instructions.

I am committed to do everything within my power to gain you access to this site.

Kindly check your incoming email later today.

Best Regards,
Lars A

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.