Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a wonderful CD I want to tell everyone about. It's by the Pavao Quartet and is called 'Someone to Watch Over Me'. It received a 5-star review in BBC Music Magazine. It 's a collection of encores they play at their recitals - songs by Gershwin, etc that have been arranged for string quartet. Highly recommended!
George Taylor

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Can't remember, but there was an interesting review of the Pavao Quartet and their works - with the girls all dolled up like pre-raphaelites, playing romantic music. Well here's their website so you can work it out then:

http://www.pavaoquartet.com/

They don't seem to have lived up their debut back over 4 years ago....(are you still around after this time too? :D) in fact...I only came across them hunting down some obscure releases and found their CD album covered in lots of hair and breasts.

It was wonderful:

...and in case you're wondering, yes - they have gone down that commercial Hayley Westerna route. Fans of commercial pop and slick arrangements will like them. I was a little bemused to hear that they are learning to play Bartok string quartet no. V. They are clearly more than just pretty faces :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.