Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for some piano duet suggestions for me and my friend to play. They need to be quite simple (probably no harder than ABRSM grade 6) and nothing too crazy (atonal, serialism etc). Just some nice melody & harmony.

Thanks. :)

·
Premium Member
11,274 Posts
I'm no musician so I wouldn't like to say whether these would be too easy or not but you might want try some of Schubert's lighter piano duet works:

D618 - Deutsche Taenze and 2 Laendler
D814 - 4 Laendler

Reactions: MrTortoise

·
Registered
11,532 Posts
Gabriel Faure ~ Dolly Suite

Maurice Ravel ~ Ma Mère l'Oye: Pavane de la belle au bois dormant / Petit Poucet / Laideronnette, impératrice des pagodes / Les entretiens de la belle et de la bête / Le jardin féerique

Francis Poulenc ~ Sonata for piano four hands

Igor Stravinsky
Five: Andante / Espanola / Balalaika / Napolitana / Galop
Three easy pieces: March / Waltz / Polka

P.s. Forgot the Debussy Petit Suite and the Bizet Jeux d'enfants -- listed in the previous posts. LOL. You can see there are a handful of standard (and quite fine) "go to" works of piano four-hands at around this level :)

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Joaquin Rodrigo - Cinco Piezas Infantiles for 2 Pianos

I'm not too sure about difficulty level but this is (the second movement in particular) among my favorite piano pieces in the repertoire.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Robert Schumann wrote several cycles of pieces for piano duet. I think Opp. 85 and 130 were specifically written for less advanced players.

Bilder aus Osten (Picture from the East), Op. 66
12 Klavierstücke für kleine und große Kinder (12 Piano Pieces for Young and Older Children), Op. 85
Ballszenen (Scenes from a Ball), Op. 109
Kinderball (Children's Ball), Op. 130

They're all available on IMSLP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm looking for some piano duet suggestions for me and my friend to play. They need to be quite simple (probably no harder than ABRSM grade 6) and nothing too crazy (atonal, serialism etc). Just some nice melody & harmony.

Thanks. :)
You may want to try this African piano piece titled Ka IWe E - Read Your Book
Please see the link below for video and also attached is pdf format of the piano piece. I hope you will enjoy it.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts