Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the (superb) film Babette's Feast, during the scene where Babette is contemplating what to do with her new money, one of the sisters plays a simple tune on the piano - 3/4 time, melody is G G G | G FE | E F E| E D| along with thirds below. Rhythm is | x x x | x. x\ x | x x. x\| o x | This piece is not listed in the credits and definitely doesn't sound like it's by per norgard. It's not the hymn about sand in the hourglass which I've already identified. It sounds like a minuet or some other classical piano piece. I've tried various online services to identify the piece with no success. Any help you could give would be fantastic! Thanks!

· Registered
2,481 Posts
I didn't realize Spanish was so widely spoken in Denmark... but I don't recognize the piece either. Sorry.

· Registered
2 Posts
Simple tune reply

In the (superb) film Babette's Feast, during the scene where Babette is contemplating what to do with her new money, one of the sisters plays a simple tune on the piano - 3/4 time, melody is G G G | G FE | E F E| E D| along with thirds below. Rhythm is | x x x | x. x\ x | x x. x\| o x | This piece is not listed in the credits and definitely doesn't sound like it's by per norgard. It's not the hymn about sand in the hourglass which I've already identified. It sounds like a minuet or some other classical piano piece. I've tried various online services to identify the piece with no success. Any help you could give would be fantastic! Thanks!
It is brahms waltz op. 39 no. 15 . Se youtube EKissen performance is sublime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.