Classical Music Forum banner
4081 - 4096 of 4096 Posts

·
Read Only
2,024 Posts
Wagner's Das Rheingold. I'm belatedly making my way through the Solti Ring cycle, after avoiding the Ring for years for some reason. I can hear where "Sonnenaufgang" from Strauss's Zarathustra must've come from.:D

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Lately I've been obsessed with Beethoven's Diabelli Variations and have been going through many recordings. So far I've preferred Brendel's third (I believe?) recording from the late-80s and Richter's recording in Prague. Here's the latter:

·
Read Only
2,024 Posts
Lately I've been obsessed with Beethoven's Diabelli Variations and have been going through many recordings. So far I've preferred Brendel's third (I believe?) recording from the late-80s and Richter's recording in Prague. Here's the latter:
Have you heard Piotr Anderszewski's recording? I think his is my favorite right now.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Arnold Schoenberg: Wind Quintet Op. 26

Thanks to Neo Romanza for sharing this one earlier today elsewhere in the forum. Because of NR's notes, he piqued my interest, so I donned my headphones, found it on Spotify, and gave it a full listen. The experience was nothing like I'd encountered elsewhere! NR's sharing of Schoenberg's history brought it all home for me. All I can say is "Wow" :cool:

4081 - 4096 of 4096 Posts