Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I played a piece in string orchestras over 20 years ago but can't remember what it was called, or who wrote it. It is a fast piece with a repeated galloping rhythm of a quaver followed by two semiquavers. It is in G major and the 1st violin part starts on a B. I think the 2nd violins start on G and the violas on D. All 3 of those instruments have an ascending line at the beginning with the 1st violin notes being
B BBB BBB BBC CC|D DDE EEF# F#F#G GG|A AAA AAB BBB BB|G GGG GGG GGA AA|A AAA AAC# C#C#C# C#C#|D DDD DDD DDD DD|D DDD DDC# C#C#C# C#C#|D DDD DDD DDD DD|
The violins then have a legato descending sequence melody in octaves starting on a B, with the violas continuing the galloping rhythm and the cellos playing descending pizzicato notes. The first section then ends with a 1st violin trill on a C# followed by all the instruments playing a diverging D major arpeggio with that galloping rhythm.

If you recognise this piece from my description, please let me know what it is. I can remember the whole piece from beginning to end in my head but can't find any recordings of it because I don't remember what it is called.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.