Classical Music Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36,875 Posts
I don't think well of this polls vs. games dynamic; they aren't competing against one another. Both are for harmless fun and light entertainment.

I'm satisfied with the current logistics, but it isn't a big deal to me if it changes.

·
Registered
36,875 Posts
I just saw a lot of main subject threads with polls attached moved to the polls and games subforum. I think it would make sense to a lot of people to have a subforum for polls, and then underneath that a subforum for games. The reasoning:

Games get a lot of bumping, so most of the polls aren't going to last very long.
What would you do with the Science project?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I change my mind on this matter. Most polls sort of deteriorate this forum, and I'm not referring to recently but irreversibly now, because they're based on popularity not any real niche representation (representation theories I've worked on and posted myself.) It is good to throw them in the games forum, when someone wants to make a main forum poll, the mods should decide where it goes:

I'm not really keen on supporting polls by giving them their own forum, until I make my own, as mine are usually group-comparative, not of an ultimate nature.

It's better to dicuss topics in a personal way, ie. "I think this," and not "This opinion wins the poll!" It creates better discussion and atmosphere.

The mods are doing a good job. Disregard this thread, imo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.