Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,557 Posts
Reminder to all: information about copyright and uploading images. Please read before posting replies.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
By the rules above, I’m not sure I have a non-copyrighted image from the dozens in my collection. So I’ll post a photo of an image I commissioned from an artist. It’s not my favorite photo of Callas but it’s the only one I can be sure is not copyrighted.
Forehead Hair Face Nose Cheek

·
Super Moderator
31,557 Posts
People, if you are not sure about the copyright do not upload to the server!

I posted the link on purpose, and it clearly says:

Before we get into the technicalities how to do this, we probably need to put in a reminder about copyright issues:
1. Unless clearly marked otherwise, assume every image on the web is copyrighted.
2. Do NOT upload copyrighted images to the TC server, unless you are the creator (pictures you've taken yourself).
3. Deep linking to images hosted elsewhere on the web is allowed, provided the images are not watermarked or include the copyright sign.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reminder to all: information about copyright and uploading images. Please read before posting replies.

Should we delete this thread? Other places aren't so restrictive.

·
Super Moderator
31,557 Posts
We are not other places. These are not new rules. As long as people follow the procedure outlined in the link, it's fine. It's not that complicated. It took me less than 30 seconds to replace the images by deep-linked images.

Just do not upload copyrighted material to the server.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I think it is a certainty that Callas has the best photos of any opera diva. Post yours. I'd love to do a similar thread on Sutherland but I would be the only one to post;-)

Has this image been modified? I've seen it several times (actually, on this site a few years ago), and I don't recall the man's face looking so harried. Rather, in the photo I remember, he looks rather oblivious to the storm approaching from behind.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has this image been modified? I've seen it several times (actually, on this site a few years ago), and I don't recall the man's face looking so harried. Rather, in the photo I remember, he looks rather oblivious to the storm approaching from behind.
I've seen it this way for some time.

·
Banned
Bernd Alois Zimmermann
595 Posts
All Li Ludi knows is that the fatter she was, the better she sang.

A headless horseman on a galloping steed, staring into her reflection in a shattered mirror couldn't have found Callas attractive.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Callas in her "that's not enough cake!" phase.

She was voluptuous but nothing like some of the heavies we've had recently. She was only at her heaviest for a couple of years. For most of her twenties she was only perhaps 30 or 40 pounds heavier than she was after the weight loss, but that can make a difference in singing. Even in Hollywood women were heavier until Audrey Hepburn came on the scene and was a game changer. She was the inspiration for Callas' transformation. Even Marilyn Monroe lost a lot of her curves to keep up with the trend.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
She was voluptuous but nothing like some of the heavies we've had recently. She was only at her heaviest for a couple of years. For most of her twenties she was only perhaps 30 or 40 pounds heavier than she was after the weight loss, but that can make a difference in singing. Even in Hollywood women were heavier until Audrey Hepburn came on the scene and was a game changer. She was the inspiration for Callas' transformation. Even Marilyn Monroe lost a lot of her curves to keep up with the trend.
Nothing wrong with a little cake. :sneaky:

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
As a side remark, this morning I noticed how an assistant in the supermarket bakery, just across the street from my home here in Copenhagen, looks just like her.
But I doubt she's into opera.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts