Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 6 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
This may not be a problem until 2025. In any case, I perceive the classical music sector to be in crisis financially and in need of a massive increase, certainly not a decrease, in public funding. This policy needs support across the political spectrum.
The stage is not set for such an outcome. This is apparent to all.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Which outcome is not set? 2025? or support across the political spectrum? Or both?
the counties political power has shifted dramatically toward regressive policies since the 80's, I anticipate this accelerating after 22 and 24.

I would look for anything associated with education, academia, the arts or culture to be undermined, left unfunded or cut.
If they could, they would literally blow up anything associated with art, progress or education as al-Qaida did to the ancient unreplaceable monuments in Iraq.

Dark days are upon us my friend, dark dark days.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
I agree, eljr. Here in Syracuse we've lost both our symphony orchestra and our four decade long yearly jazz festival due to lack of corporate funding which was vital due to almost non existent government support. A major symphony organization can't survive on ticket sales alone.
So sorry for your loss.

Does Rochester maintain an orchestra? I know that is a small bastion of reason and enlightenment between Albany and Cleveland.

1 - 6 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.