Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

· Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's start a quiz: One gives a question (all categories are allowed) and the one other answers, and is allowed to give a new question. If she/he doesn't know one, it will be up to the others to go on. The questions can be easy but also difficult :p.

I start an easy question: What is called "Olympiad" by the ancient Greeks?

· Registered
108 Posts
Originally posted by baroque flute@Aug 8 2004, 02:15 PM
Right, Daniel! Your turn! :) It is legal there for YOUR CAR to drink and drive. But it has to be a particular kind of car of course or it's bad for its health. :lol:
[snapback]1404[/snapback]​
cool, I didn't know that...

· Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by Harvey@Aug 8 2004, 04:49 PM
What is dark energy?
[snapback]1426[/snapback]​
It's a theoretical type of energy that acts as a repulsive force, and is supposedly the cause of the universe's accelerating expansion. Scientists have not yet confirmed whether it actually exists.

What is a chachalaca, and where can it be found?

· Registered
108 Posts
Originally posted by Harvey@Aug 9 2004, 03:10 PM
If memory serves, the inhabitants of the sea have no use for salt.
[snapback]1448[/snapback]​
I think that is wrong. Doesn't it have to do with the mid-rif region out in the middle of the ocean. Kinda like underwater volcanic motion..... Dangit, too complicated to explain without diagrams... I learned about this in 9th grade Earth Science, OMG, that was almost 8 years ago, feels like yesterday......

· Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
At first to the salt question: One reason Max mentioned right: the submarine volcanos. Others are hydrothermal vents and wheathering of the continents.

To the sunset question: there is an effect called Rayleigh scattering, particles in the atmospheres, and more physics if i remember right...

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.