Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,883 Posts
I found this one interesting. Saunder's To an Utterance. It has some sounds produced in the lower range I never heard anywhere else before. But after a while it gets repetitive (or just more of similar to be more accurate).

· Registered
6,883 Posts
I listened to the Youtube link pieces today. Everything else I liked but the piece with the pianist hiccuping and burping was not to my liking. It was most irritating and I just could not continue listening to it! Sorry!

Need to come back to these works, but at this moment my favourite remains the Grisey piece.

(Then again, this thread is not about others posting and then me stating whether or not I liked what I heard.)
Which one was that? The Saunders I posted? :D Wouldn't be surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: Waehnen

· Registered
6,883 Posts
^ Oh I didn't listen to it before just now. After sampling it, I found it quite entertaining, with the added whistling.

Reactions: Waehnen

· Registered
6,883 Posts
Although this is from 1968, I don't feel it's aged or become outdated one bit. To me all contemporary quartets seem to have been born out of this. This one I feel has real lasting value, and is a masterpiece in my mind. I think the boldness and originality real stands out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts