Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner, Bruckner
208 Posts
I'd always recommend Marco Momi, especially his LUDICA II. This is my initial experience of his compositions, not long (10 mins) but an absolute banger. It's immediate and accessible while at the same time simply great.

Another composer is Clemens Gadenstätter, and I recommend his Comic Sense. About an hour long but still it overwhelmed me immediately the first time I heard it. As the title says it's got remarkable musical humour throughout so it's also great fun listening to it.

Don't forget to put your best headphones on!

Reactions: Waehnen

· Registered
208 Posts
I can't say this is my favorite contemporary piece, only because I heard it for the first time yesterday and need time to digest it. But if you're looking for pieces people get excited over, this is certainly one of those types of works. Before yesterday, the only other works I knew by Furrer was spur and his Piano Concerto, and so I decided to remedy that
Beat Furrer is surely a composer who needs more recognition! I love almost all of his work, and I say almost only because I haven't heard all of it! Apart from this album (of which I own a CD), I also recommend his Aria and String Quartet No. 3.

· Registered
208 Posts
I also recently discovered the Kairos label, which seems to have all sorts of interesting music and composers.
Yes, Kairos is a great label! So far I've collected a couple of dozens of their CDs. The only thing is they tend to be more expensive than others, but I see this as a way to support the classical music industry since most of the label's composers are alive (and therefore need to eat!)

Reactions: Simon Moon
1 - 3 of 3 Posts