Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iosif Arshakovich Andriasov (Ovsep Andreasian) was born in Moscow, USSR, to an Armenian family in 1933. He was a classical composer and philosopher. Dmitry Shostakovich said of him: "When the entire world lost a sense of harmony, composer Iosif Andriasov has not only not lost this sense, but added to harmony a new quality." Mr. Andriasov passed away in New York City, USA, in 2000.

I am sharing a YouTube recording of Iosif Andriasov's String Quartet performed by members of the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mikhail Pletnev Conducts Iosif Andriasov

September 12, 2015 - Javier Bonet (French Horn) & Mikhail Pletnev (Conductor) will perform Iosif Andriasov's Concerto for French Horn and Symphony Orchestra & Vladislav Lavrik (Trumpet) & Mikhail Pletnev (Conductor) will perform Iosif Andriasov's Concertino for Trumpet and Symphony Orchestra with the Russian National Orchestra.

Font Screenshot Magenta Brand Fur

http://www.andriasovstore.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Op. 12 - Iosif Andriasov: First Symphony

Forehead Eyebrow Jaw Coat Collar
Iosif Arshakovich Andriasov (Ovsep Andreasian) was a classical composer and a genuine hero, who fought adversity and achieved more than anyone could imagine by being honest, straightforward, and uncompromising. Iosif Andriasov was internationally recognized during and after his life as one of the most important people in world culture.

His First Symphony is scored for two Flutes, two Oboes, two Clarinets, two Bassoons, four Horns, two Trumpets, three Trombones, Tuba, Timpani, Percussion (including Wood Block, Snare Drum, Cymbals, Drum, Tam-Tam, Vibraphone, Xylophone, Harp), and Strings.

Dmitry Shostakovich said of this symphony: "I am in awe"

Here is a recording of Gennady Cherkasov conducting this incredible piece.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Op. 8 - Arshak Andriasov: Ballet for Piano

Composer, pianist, and founder & owner of IMMA Records and The Andriasov Store, Arshak Andriasov represents the new wave of classical composers. His music draws on a vast array of musical resources, ranging from Armenian folk music to Russian classical music, with certain elements of American jazz, while using means of contemporary language to create beautiful music.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 1st Philadelphia Andriasov Music Festival

Photograph Font Poster Rectangle History

The Andriasov Music Festival celebrates the music of Father & Son composers Iosif Andriasov and Arshak Andriasov. These festivals have been done in multiple cities, including New York City, San Francisco, CA, Orono, ME, Rochester, NY, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Toronto, ON, CA, and other cities. On August 14th, for the very first time, Philadelphia, PA will be included in this wonderful event.

Iosif Andriasov was a composer-symphonist internationally recognized as one of the most important figures in contemporary world culture. Dmitry Shostakovich said of Iosif Andriasov: "When the entire world lost a sense of harmony, composer Iosif Andriasov has not only not lost this sense, but added to harmony a new quality." I. Andriasov won the Soviet Composers' Competition to present Soviet music at the USSR National Celebration in 1974 for his Second Symphony. International Biographical Center of Cambridge, UK selected Iosif Andriasov, among two thousand of the world's most prominent people, as the "International Man of the Year" for the Year 2000-2001 in recognition of his contributions to music and ethics.

Continuing in his father's footsteps, commissioned composer/pianist Arshak Andriasov has performed in numerous venues, including Carnegie Hall. His music draws on a vast array of musical resources, ranging from Armenian folk music to Russian classical music, with certain elements of American jazz, while using means of contemporary language to create beautiful music.

August 14, 2015 - The 1st Philadelphia Andriasov Music Festival Concert - Ethical Humanist Society of Philadelphia, PA @7PM.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1554285494788353/

Classical music has the ability to unite musicians with the listener, bringing in a world full of beauty, energy, and creativity. The Andriasov Music Festivals have brought a smile to a child's face and a thought to an adult's mind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Violinist & Violist Victor Romasevich

Victor Romasevich, violinist & violist - was born in Minsk, Belarus, and as a youth studied with Rostislav Dubinsky of the famed Borodin Quartet. He continued his training at the Moscow Conservatory and, following his emigration to the United States in 1977, at Juilliard with Ivan Galamian. In 1979, he became a violin and viola pupil of the composer and philosopher Iosif Andriasov. Winner of the Gina Bachauer Prize at the 1985 J.S. Bach International Competition, Mr. Romasevich joined the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra as Associate Principal Violist in 1990 and in 1992 moved to the First Violin section.

Forehead Chin Eyebrow Coat Jaw

"Imagine learning a piece of chamber music by Beethoven, and having a chance to be coached by the author... In the summer of 1979, soon after Iosif Andriasov and his family had arrived in the US, my Juilliard schoolmate, violist Anatole Wieck was asked to prepare a community service performance for inmates of one of NYC prisons. Both Anatole and I had the fortune of meeting Iosif Andriasov in New York, and, having learned about the existence of Iosif's String Quartet, Op.1, asked him for a permission to perform it, and, if possible, to coach the group (Roger Lowe, Anatole Wieck, Leonid Fleishaker and myself). I should mention that we never played as a group prior to that time. Iosif generously agreed, and after two relatively short coaching sessions with him our quartet sounded like a professional string quartet with years of experience. The music of Op.1 was in part responsible for this as well - because of its irresistible freshness and sheer beauty we all fell in love with it instantly. When we arrived at the facility, they informed us that we would perform twice for two different groups. As we played the Quartet, one could notice the reaction, even transformation which occurred in that audience of people for whom classical, and in particular, chamber music was obviously not something they were interested in or acquainted with. In the first group, the demonstrative indifference in some people gradually changed into a sort of humble, surprised expression; in the second group, after we finished playing, some were in deep thought, some had tears running down their faces; then they gave a roaring applause to Iosif Andriasov, to his music, and to our stunned group. To this day, it remains the most amazing audience I ever performed for, and the most amazing chamber music experience of my life."

From the Book: "Articles Written by Musicians and Fans of Iosif Andriasov & Arshak Andriasov"

http://www.andriasovstore.com/articles.htm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Op. 11A - Arshak Andriasov: Sonatina for Unaccompanied Piccolo

Hairstyle Fashion Sleeve Street fashion Cool

Composer, pianist, and founder & owner of IMMA Records and The Andriasov Store, Arshak Andriasov represents the new wave of classical composers. His music draws on a vast array of musical resources, ranging from Armenian folk music to Russian classical music, with certain elements of American jazz, while using means of contemporary language to create beautiful music.

Here is a YouTube recording of his Sonatina for Unaccompanied Piccolo, Op. 11A, performed by Diana Duarte

Smile Musical instrument Black Musician Plant

Diana Duarte, Piccolo & Flutist, wrote an article for the book: "Articles Written by Musicians and Fans of Iosif Andriasov & Arshak Andriasov"

"I had the pleasure to know and record the Sonatina from composer Arshak Andriasov.

When I heard the midi file (Flute version) he posted on YouTube, I thought it would be a lot of joy and fun to play this piece. Suddenly, it caught my attention to share an idea with Arshak of making this piece for the piccolo flute.

And it was right! He happily agreed.

I had so much fun working on this piece. It is a short piece that is full of energy at the fast parts, alternating with beautiful deepness at the slow ones. I could not wait to record this composition and ask him what I could do better.

It is such a privilege to get to know the composer. He is such a kind and positive person, always encouraging and heartwarming.

I felt the music speaks to a lot of people, and connects them all over the world, if played or heard, no matter where one is from or which language one speaks."

Diana Duarte, piccolo & flute - was born in Cuiabá - Mato Grosso, Brazil. At early age, she was involved with music, coming from a family of musicians. Diana started playing at the Symphony Orchestra from Mato Grosso at the age of 13. Her studies brought her to Rio de Janeiro at the National University of Music with Prof. Woltzenlogel and later to Germany at the Musikhochschule with Prof. Renate Greiss in Karlsruhe and Prof. Mjriam Nastasi in Freiburg. She won numerous competitions, the Premio Valentino Bucchi for flute and piccolo in Rome; the Premiere Prix a l'Unanimitè at the Piccolo-Competition UFAM in Paris, Premio Città di Cortemilia - Premio Caffa Righetti in Piemonte; XXIII Concorso Internationale di Esecuzione Strumentale Premio Rovere d'Oro in Emilia Romagna, and many others. Diana Duarte concertizes as a soloist, in chamber music formations, and in orchestras that brought her to Germany, Brazil, France, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, Poland, Slovenia, Denmark and the USA.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Op. 14 - Iosif Andriasov: Trumpet Concertino (Timofei Dokshizer Recording)

YouTube Recording of Timofei Dokshizer performing Iosif Andriasov's Trumpet Concertino (Then Trumpet Concerto)

To purchase the Orchestral Score on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/193181502X

From Marta Andriasova's Book: "Essays on the Music of Iosif Andriasov"

Iosif Andriasov: Trumpet Concertino, Op. 14

"Iosif Andriasov composed the Concerto for Trumpet and Symphony Orchestra in 1960, while in his second year (fourth semester) at the Moscow Conservatory, Moscow, USSR. The world premiere of the Concerto was given by the Symphony Orchestra of the USSR All-State Radio and Television under Maestro Vladimir Yesipov, with soloist Yuri Usov, in 1962, at the Grand Concert Hall of the Moscow Conservatory. The Author's transcription of the Concerto for Trumpet and Piano was published by "Muzyka" International publishing house, Moscow, in 1969. In the 1970s, Timofey Dokshitzer (trumpet), one of the most outstanding trumpet virtuosi of the XXth century, recorded the Concerto for the "Melodya" label, with the Symphony Orchestra of the USSR All-State Radio under Maestro Gennady Cherkasov. In the annotation to this recording, Alexander Medvedev, musicologist, emphasized "the magnificent polyphonic effects, extraordinary orchestral colors."

To Purchase Book:
http://www.andriasovstore.com/immapublishing.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Op. 2, No. 5 - Arshak Andriasov: Romance "Here is the Evening"

Soprano: Alexandra Fees
Pianist: Arshak Andriasov

The 5th New York Andriasov Music Festival

Forehead Smile Jaw Sleeve Dress shirt

http://www.andriasovstore.com

Forehead Nose Cheek Skin Lip

Alexandra Fees, Soprano, wrote an article for the book: "Articles Written by Musicians and Fans of Iosif Andriasov & Arshak Andriasov"

"Composer Arshak Andriasov's Opus 2, No. 1, "The Rose", and No. 5, "Here is the Evening", for Soprano and Piano possess a mourning of life's brevity and what it means to stand alone, looking into the vast space of existence, and finding beauty in the solitude. Written at the fresh age of 17 years-old, Mr. Andriasov composed "The Rose" based on the poem by Alexander Pushkin whose life and work was defined by freedom of expression and politics, similar to that of Arshak's father, celebrated composer Iosif Andriasov. The musical form of "The Rose" was influenced by Iosif Andriasov's teachings and encouragement to Andriasov as a young composer, as he takes the first breaths of what now stand as his firm beliefs: to compose classical music that is aesthetically beautiful and explores the unexpected. The silky simplicity in the piano contains a gentle wisdom and reluctance, like a mother explaining to her child for the first time the difficulties life will bring. Pushkin's text is the frustrated and pleading response of youth: "Where is the Rose, my friends? … Don't say to me - Youth fades! Don't say to me, Here is happiness, here is life!" Arshak Andriasov's melodic lines lift the confused questions higher and with more longing, and then gradually lay the answer down with acceptance: "Excuse me, I'm sorry-"Mr. Andriasov gently descends into Pushkin's answer: And all we have to show are the lilies - death's flower.

Arshak Andriasov's later composition from Opus 2, No. 5 "Here is the Evening", based upon the poetry of Sergei Esenin, boldly embraces a rich, reflective landscape in a rocking 3/4 in which the swaying, weaving of the piano's Adagio triplets entrance into a hypnotic space. Mr. Andriasov is delicate and true to the Russian text, which sings as easily as if whispered to oneself - "Here is the evening. The dew sparkles on the nettle. I stand near the road leaning towards the ivy." The isolation of the scene assimilates the experiences of a cabaret singer near closing time mixed with a man gazing up into the sky for the last time, each marveling sadly at the tenderness and vulnerability of being alone. Mr. Andriasov gathers these anxieties into a fortissimo 6/4 in tempo on a high G5 sharp to allow the soprano to soar into the words: "From the moon comes enormous light", and reminiscent of Opus 2, No. 1, Mr. Andriasov musically descends from the tumult "right on our very root". As a coda and stunning after-thought, Mr. Andriasov ends the cycle with Esenin's line "Somewhere far away, I hear the song of the nightingale," in which the singer is instructed to vocally fade away in listening for the bird, which in its literary context represents the Andriasov family: freedom, beauty, night, and immortality.

Arshak Andriasov's Opus 2, No. 1 and 5 speak longingly for freedom, truth and beauty in both the musical and philosophical contexts. Mr. Andriasov's composition is accessible to all types of singers/musicians and can be successfully portrayed in a variety of styles. In my performance of Mr. Andriasov's Opus 2, No. 1 and 5, I carefully chose when to use a straight tone, or a fuller operatic sound. Mr. Andriasov calls upon the soprano to find warmth and preciousness in the low B3 flat to G4 range and communicate the text as honestly as to a friend. His play with sweet dissonances and naturally, speech-like flowing phrases intertwine playfully with the piano and lend the voice and piano to function as a duet, each accompanying one another. In approaching this revolutionary style of composition, which in Mr. Andriasov's words "ranges from Armenian folk music to Russian classical music, with certain elements of American jazz". Mr. Andriasov's personal history with these compositions and poems give a unique depth to these songs, and his repertoire has the ability to give listeners new perspective on the realities of our world and to forge stronger and truer relationships with one another."

http://www.andriasovstore.com/articles.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.