Classical Music Forum banner

Which of these should I listen to most?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
23,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The results of previous (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 and a loser's edition) totally random polls have all greatly interested, surprised, educated, and assisted, me, so I now begin a totally new totally random poll. As always, the question is:

Of the recordings listed, which do you think should be the highest priorities for me as a listener?

We've got some very odd ones this time, and I guess that some of us won't have heard even one of these recordings; I'd shocked if anyone has heard all of them. You can vote for things based on your personal experience, what you've heard about them, what look most interesting to you, what you think would be most educational for me, whatever.

I will confess that these polls are nothing like "totally random" and that there is a measure of method mixed into a great deal of madness. Also, I think some recordings may have appeared on previous polls.

By voting sincerely, you really are helping me prioritize my listening.

And, truly, y'all have surprised me in one way or another on every single poll. It has been enlightening for me.

So, thank you very much!

I have tried to find images for these, but please forgive me that they're not all the best....

· Banned
9,050 Posts
The two Beethoven pieces and of course the Handel. The latter has the most beautiful arias out of all vocal pieces listed above. :)

Reactions: science

· Registered
2,659 Posts
I cast a vote for the Brahms because that is a favourite of mine
A lot of the other options are unknown to me but look interesting
So, a reciprocal thanks to you for some interesting options and Spotify here I come

· Registered
8,244 Posts
Wow. I've heard only two of those: the Amy Beach and the Peter Lieberson, which I'd say are fine recordings, but not ones I'd insist people need to get.

So I'm voting for the four Which look most interesting to me, and which i'll check out at the first opportunity:

The Frank, Hadjidakis, Kilar and Zhou Long discs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.