Classical Music Forum banner

Which should I listen to most?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
23,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The results of previous (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 and a loser's edition) totally random polls have all greatly interested, surprised, educated, and assisted, me, so I now begin a totally new totally random poll. As always, the question is:

Of the recordings listed, which do you think should be the highest priorities for me as a listener?

You can vote for things based on your personal experience, what you've heard about them, what look most interesting to you, what you think would be most educational for me, whatever.

I will confess that these polls are nothing like "totally random" and that there is a measure of method mixed into a great deal of madness. Also, I think some recordings may have appeared on previous polls.

By voting sincerely, you really are helping me prioritize my listening.

And, truly, y'all have surprised me in one way or another on every single poll. It has been enlightening for me.

So, thank you very much!

I'm gonna skip the cover art this round....

· Registered
9,510 Posts
I suggest Savall for Alfonso X.

Kocsis did his due research on Bartók; excellent playing.

I also selected the Pogorelich, making the perhaps rash assumption that it was recorded before he went around the bend.

· Registered
4,609 Posts
Monteverdi, Walton, Zelenka

Because if they were all lined up in a shop - those are the ones I'd buy.
I actually have none of the above recordings.

Reactions: science
G

·
I actually only have the Bartok of these specific recordings (in the form of the full set on Decca, at least). That's a great disc in particular though. I love the bagatelles.

I accidentally voted for the Monteverdi too because Venexiana rang a bell, but that bell actually rang for Gesualdo...

· Registered
8,244 Posts
The always-stunning Ensemble Unicorn and the Zelenka disc I was playing just a few days ago.

Haven't played EU's Alfonso X disc in a while, so I'll take this as a nudge to give it another spin. (but played their Troubadours cd just yesterday)

· Registered
23,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the album art in the form of a screenshot from iTunes; in this form I hope it does not infringe on anyone's copyrights!

View attachment 64338

In contrast to the youtube videos we post with regular impunity, I think the companies will be very pleased with what is essentially an advertisement!

· Banned
9,050 Posts
I missed this thread, so I just voted the Mozart sonatas, Haydn symphonies and Zelenka vocal. All lovely pieces.

Reactions: science
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.