Classical Music Forum banner

Which should I listen to most?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my "totally random" polls so far have greatly interested, surprised, educated, and assisted me, so I continue to consult you! As always, the question is:

Of the recordings listed, which do you think should be the highest priorities for me as a listener?

Vote for as few or as many as you want.

You can vote for things based on your personal experience, what you've heard about them, what look most interesting to you, what you think would be most educational for me, whatever.

(Ssome recordings may have appeared on previous polls.)

And, truly, y'all have surprised me in one way or another on every single poll. It has been enlightening for me. So, thank you very much!

Here is the cover art for this round:

View attachment 65121

(I believe this counts as "fair use," not violating any copyrights.)

Previous "totally random" polls:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 and a loser's edition.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
The first two on your list are total winners. The miserere is so beautiful! Sacred music at it's absolute finest.

And the Adams - I really love the first movement. Great melody and harmony centered around a slippery flute solo. Good stuff!

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Hah! Horowitz and Clementi. He loved those sonatas, and played them with at least as much subtlety as Clementi put in them.

·
Banned
9,050 Posts
Masterpieces from the 18th century: the Bach lute suites (very intimate pieces), the Handel water music suite (pompous Baroque party music) and the Haydn oratorio (grand scale vocal "religious" music). Three contrasting pieces.

Reactions: science
G

·
Masterpieces from the 18th century: the Bach lute suites (very intimate pieces), the Handel water music suite (pompous Baroque party music) and the Haydn oratorio (grand scale vocal "religious" music). Three contrasting pieces.
What's your opinion of Spering's performance?

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
I vote the Hilary Hahn as the most important one to check out first. :)

Reactions: science
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.