Classical Music Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
scratchgolf and I are bouncing an idea of doing a mail exchange for CD's (or hard drives) so that we can hear each other's collections :).

This would be pretty innovative like mail art. What do people think of this idea? :)

· Registered
23,985 Posts
From a legal POV, I'd worry about this. Sending this stuff through the public mail probably violates more laws than sharing it online does.

· Administrator
10,453 Posts
Doing so would constitute a severe violation of every copyright law that exists today.

According to Danish law, a person is allowed to make one copy for private use only. Talk Classical honors and respects all copyright laws of all nations. To share CD's or disk drives in this manner is unlawful.

This forum does not and will not allow support this activity. Thread is closed.

This from Consolidated Act on Copyright 2010 (Denmark)
12.−(1) Anyone is entitled to make or have made, for private purposes, single copies of works which have been made public if this is not done for commercial purposes. Such copies must not be used for any other purpose.
(2) The provision of subsection (1) does not provide the right to
(i) construct a work of architecture;
(ii) make a copy of a work of art by casting, by printing from an original negative or base, or in any other manner implying that the copy can be considered as an original;
(iii) make copies of computer programs in digitized form;
(iv) make copies in digital form of databases if the copy is made on the basis of a reproduction of the database in digital form; or
(v) make single copies in digital form of other works than computer programs and databases unless this is done exclusively for the personal use of the copying person himself or his household.
(3) Notwithstanding the provision in subsection (2) (v), it is not permitted without the consent of the author to produce copies in digital form on the basis of a copy that has been lent or hired.
(4) The provision of subsection (1) does not confer a right to engage another person to make copies of
(i) musical works;
(ii) cinematographic works;
(iii) etc etc etc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.