Premium Member
Haydn, Mozart, Vivaldi, Wagner
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a server busy pop up.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
There was a short spike in server activity about 10 minutes ago, which triggered the "server busy" error. This is actually a "good" thing, because it didn't bring down the server, but just gave an error message. Of course, this should be a rare occurrence.

·
Premium Member
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a short spike in server activity about 10 minutes ago, which triggered the "server busy" error. This is actually a "good" thing, because it didn't bring down the server, but just gave an error message. Of course, this should be a rare occurrence.
With only 65 members online? What about when there's 80 and 90 online?
Does this bode well?

Just wondering.

Reactions: Taggart

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
There's been a major (hacker) attack against internet service providers in the Scandinavian countries during the last three days, this may be some residue of this! (My provider was down for several hours yesterday..)

/ptr

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
With only 65 members online? What about when there's 80 and 90 online?
Does this bode well?

Just wondering.
There are lots more than just xx amount of members online ... included in the count (server load) are currently 480 "guests" which include search engine bots indexing the site, and lurkers.

As of this posting, there are 560 users online accessing the forum site ... 80 members and 480 guests.

·
Premium Member
11,263 Posts
There's been a major (hacker) attack against internet service providers in the Scandinavian countries during the last three days, this may be some residue of this! (My provider was down for several hours yesterday..)/ptr
A pity that these clowns haven't got anything more worthwhile to do - half the world's trying to have a good time and get on in life while the other half seems hellbent in trying to stop them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've never liked anything, not on facebook, youtube - or on any forum. Well, I was about to try what liking something feels like, but luckily my like wasn't registered because, apparently, the server had more important things at the moment. I was saved. I don't where it would lead if I started liking posts. The problem is that I like almost everything and I wouldn't want to upset anyone by not liking their post. But as I said: luckily the server was busy at my weak moment and I still haven't officially liked anything so I don't have to struggle with what to like and what to not like.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Yes, the site has been unreachable for several hours on at least 2 occasions over the past couple of days, both times in the late evening and night time (US Central time).

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
It's not our server ... could be our hosting service or any number of billions of connection points along the way between Denmark and your home.

The server has been up 100% for the past 3 months.
Over the past 5 years the total Uptime: 99.5% (5y 52d 12h 5m) Total Downtime: 0.5% (9d 1h 16m).

Server load average: 2.58 - Anything less than 5.0 is considered very normal.

At this moment there are 767 Users Online (68 members and 699 guests)

Guests are either lurkers (registered not signed in and/or unregistered) or search bots doing their endless indexing.

·
Premium Member
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same here.............................

·
Premium Member
11,263 Posts
I don't tend to get this any more. One thing that does pop up occasionally is a white screen with the message 'Error - Resource Limit Is Reached', but I don't know if this means the same thing. In any event, it disappears when the screen is refreshed.

·
Registered
Sibelius, Beethoven, Satie, Debussy
1,698 Posts
Me too ... US Mountain Standard time. Again, not any fault of our server(s) ... I go do something else and come back. Certainly not life threatening for me ... wife always has projects for me to do anyway. :rolleyes:
Well, not life-threatening for me either, but as I mostly log on in the early morning and dont have much time in the day, it meant that I lost my usual reading/posting time for a couple of days. :(

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
I have sent an email to the site owner asking for a solution. It's all I can do for this kind of situation as it requires direct host/server access which I do not, nor want, have.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts