Classical Music Forum banner
181 - 200 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Not having the "NEW POSTS" button might actually keep me out of trouble as I won't see so many controversial threads. However, I am now considering whether the "WHATS NEW" button is a suitable substitute for the NEW POSTS button. Too lazy to visit forum by forum I guess.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Not having the "NEW POSTS" button might actually keep me out of trouble as I won't see so many controversial threads. However, I am now considering whether the "WHATS NEW" button is a suitable substitute for the NEW POSTS button. Too lazy to visit forum by forum I guess.
I think I'm missing the NEW POSTS tab far more than I thought I would.

The WHAT'S NEW tab gives me a page of clutter (to my eyes, at least).

Searching by forums is inconvenient.

I mean, sure, I'll make due. It's not like I'm a Gold Star site donor or something. I'm thankful for what is offered to me for free.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
It has been okay for a few days now.
But I'm curious as to what happened.
Reason for asking: Some other sites are also problematic, depending on time of day. Including,surprisingly, YouTube ... my main source for classical-music sampling and window shopping.

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
It has been okay for a few days now.
But I'm curious as to what happened . . . .
We're still not quite sure but suspect an issue with the hosting service. We have had to turn off certain features in order to keep this site operating in a normal fashion. We anticipate being moved to a faster, more reliable hosting server in the coming weeks.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Oooooooh, that's a collector's item. I've seen it only once in the past two weeks and did not take a screenshot.
I received something similar just yesterday, more than once.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Any idea when the Unread Posts link will work again? That is the main way I interact with this site. It is a major pain to click into each forum to find new posts on threads I'm interested in, and my activity on this site is much lower as a result. Once the games I am currently participating in are over I will likely significantly cut back on my usage of this site until it is fixed.

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
Any idea when the Unread Posts link will work again?
When we are able to change hosting service those features will be turned on again. When the change will occur is not known ... info for that is above my pay grade ... :rolleyes:.

It is a major pain to click into each forum to find new posts on threads I'm interested in
Simply "subscribe" to those threads and you will be able to check on their activity rather easily.

·
Registered
19,686 Posts
I've received messages today from member Tsaraslondon saying that he's been unable to access the site at all, and that it's the only site giving him trouble. I've had no trouble at all. Has anyone else been shut out?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've received messages today from member Tsaraslondon saying that he's been unable to access the site at all, and that it's the only site giving him trouble. I've had no trouble at all. Has anyone else been shut out?
I had the same problem but it was 2-3 years ago and KH sorted it for me.
ps just a friendly comment your avatar looks really peed off could you make him happy?? ;)

·
Registered
Bach, Brahms, Schubert, Sibelius, Mahler, Messiaen
3,474 Posts
Same here, for most of yesterday I couldn't access any part of the site (not just the home page), getting a "server does not exist" message.

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
One person could not get on TC yesterday but it turned out to be something with the VPN, so she closed VPN and got on.

181 - 200 of 208 Posts