Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question may sound a little bit unrelevant with classical music itself. However, I really think Talk Classical's website is a little bit old-fashioned. I surely do not hope it be as novel as the website of the pop music bands (or even Spotify), but they surely should update it and make it look more like a 21th century website. They should also add some functionalities such as voting, embedding music/videos. Do you agree?

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
It's functional and works well. Leave it alone. The only quibble is that it is so huge! So many threads, sub-threads, etc. Hard to stay focused.

Reactions: haziz

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Polls and embedding videos are already features.
Yes, this is in no small part what makes the opening post so disjointed.

Spotify is not a message board, it is a streaming service. Hence his mention of Spotify was just as berserk.

I think it the strangest post I have ever read here.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
This question may sound a little bit unrelevant with classical music itself. However, I really think Talk Classical's website is a little bit old-fashioned. I surely do not hope it be as novel as the website of the pop music bands (or even Spotify), but they surely should update it and make it look more like a 21th century website. They should also add some functionalities such as voting, embedding music/videos. Do you agree?
Irrelevant as opposed to unrelevant, 21st as opposed to 21th. As has been pointed out voting and embedding already exist so this post is pretty well pointless. Welcome to Talk Classical Kev!:lol:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well... Do you think it is appropriate to make fun of others' languages? And why would my languages determine whether the post is pointless or not?

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
Well... Do you think it is appropriate to make fun of others' languages? And why would my languages determine whether the post is pointless or not?
You would be better off spending more time navigating the forum before using your first post to criticize it and to suggest changes, including features which already exist.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
I don’t think pointing out a grammatical mistake is making fun of anyone’s language. I’ve no idea what your primary language might be and it’s not your language that’s pointless, rather it’s your reference to functions that already exist on this website. Over the years this site has suffered from countless first posts that have been pretty pointless and the posters have never been seen again. Instead of pointing out how primitive our site is why not just join in one of the threads and tell us what music, if any, that you like? :)

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
You would be better off spending more time navigating the forum before using your first post to criticize it and to suggest changes, including features which already exist.
Sorry SA. I had already posted my post before I noticed yours!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, I should have learned more about it before posting the first post. Also, I really don't want to criticize the website itself because it is one of the few online classical music forums.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't think pointing out a grammatical mistake is making fun of anyone's language. I've no idea what your primary language might be and it's not your language that's pointless, rather it's your reference to functions that already exist on this website. Over the years this site has suffered from countless first posts that have been pretty pointless and the posters have never been seen again. Instead of pointing out how primitive our site is why not just join in one of the threads and tell us what music, if any, that you like? :)
Ok, I apologize if I overeacted a little bit. :( I totally understand that it gets very annoying for senior members and managers of an online forum if a bunch of new users just throw out a pointless disappear, so I am very sorry if you consider my first post as pointless.

I am joining this forum to find people who share similar interests in music with me. I am a student in a private high school, and nobody (sadly, I am not exaggerating at all) around me likes classical music, including the school music director, my parents, friends, and the members of my school orchestra. Something really shocked and disappointed me was that the concert master of my school orchestra says she likes k-pop despite her skills that allowed her to play Mendelssohn VC. Although I am already the second chair at my school orchetra, I am bad at playing violin that I can only play Mozart VCs. However, I am a super fan of classical music that I listen to them all the time and am never interested in modern music. I feel very alone now... I would really like to find people that are also passionate in classical music...

My best composer is Mozart and I like his 7 Violin Concertos very much. I know they are kinda childish so I am also listening to Beethoven, Brahms as well as Mendelssohn VCs, and I am pretty sure my passion is growing for these compositions. Any suggestions for a new user in Talk Classical? :)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Most Classical music websites look like they were designed in the 90's, so this design from the mid-2000's is pretty groundbreaking.

·
Registered
15,444 Posts
I agree with the OP. The site is rather drab and dull looking. It could at the very least be brightened up with some more attractive colors. The gun metal blue and white is very non-artsy looking for an art music forum.

Reactions: KevinW

·
Premium Member
11,263 Posts
I say leave the basic appearance well alone - it's crisp, understated and, most importantly, uncluttered which I for one really appreciate as some websites are somewhat eye-watering with far too much going on - in the case of the worst ones it's like looking at a slot machine. In order to accommodate Starthrower's perfectly reasonable point would it be too much trouble/expense to include a Microsoft-style setting which could at least offer colour scheme options?

Reactions: Manxfeeder
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.