Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
So . . . will the 13 years of TC be transferred over?
Good point Pianozach (which has been partly answered in the post above mine by Art Rock). I'm not too bothered about some of my old posts but I don't want to lose all my SQ blog posts and LVB cycle reviews. That would be lot of hard work and time down the drain. Don't get me wrong, Xenforo looks exciting and very interesting and I'm not adverse to change. All this is probably inevitable and I'm sure I'll get used to it very quickly but will there be some sort of backup during the changeover so if not everything does get taken over to the new site I can still get my reviews and blogs back?

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
Every site that I've seen move from vBulletin to Xenforo has done so with minimal upheaval, preserving everything from blog posts to images to PMs. There is some learning when the changeover happens. EG: PMs become conversations and can add new members as time goes on. The forum sections have new capabilities, or new ways of achieving familiar stuff.

Moderators see things like this:

View attachment 161477

which takes them to a single screen where they can deal with reported posts/spam etc. It works well. Incidentally, the forum from which I took that screen grab was one of the first to switch, several years ago. Everyone hated the new software, but soon settled down.
My reviews are all that bothers me so as long as they're still there I'm a happy guy. Learning to navigate around a new site shouldn't take too long. I'm kinda excited about it all now. When are we moving house, Art Rock? Do I get first pick of the bedrooms?

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
You may have the wrong idea of this new software, @Merl. It has a penthouse complete with a fully stocked bar and the most amazing view for the mods and a dungeon for everyone else. Sorry to be blunt, but there it is.
Hmmm, sounds like what we already have except the mods currently have only a bottle of cider to share in their peeling victorian parlour.

Ps. I'm having the top bunk of the bunk beds, Kevin. I called it first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.