Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, we're currently practicing Brahms' Academic Festival Overture for orchestra...I found a copy of it on Friday...and have listened to it a few times.

It's starting to grow on me. Playing something vs. just listening to something is so totally different! Once you've gone through it note by note you have an entirely different perspective/appreciation for a piece.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nox said:
Well, we're currently practicing Brahms' Academic Festival Overture for orchestra...I found a copy of it on Friday...and have listened to it a few times.

It's starting to grow on me. Playing something vs. just listening to something is so totally different! Once you've gone through it note by note you have an entirely different perspective/appreciation for a piece.
Hey! This is one of my personal fav! Very unlike Brahms... so Weberian and Janissary. So how's it going? This work is huge... u guys doing the complete thing? Up to the omm pa pa at the end? :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.