Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to visit this site almost daily on my phone. Recently, maybe within the last month, it has looked like a new site design, though when I visit on a computer, like now, it looks normal... But now, whenever I try to access the site on my phone, I can get to the main page no problem - but whenever I click on a sub-forum, it goes to a page the says "Resource Limit Is Reached". This happens just about every time now. What's going on?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
30,561 Posts
In the past few days, I have accessed the site via a tablet once in a while, without any issues. I normally use a laptop, and as always, there are occasional "Resource Limit Is Reached" messages, but typically when I use the Unread Posts button, and they do not repeat.

Did anyone else who visits the site via phone notice a lay-out/design change, or excessive "Resource Limit Is Reached" messages? I can't think of a reason why that would happen (nothing has changed on the TC end).

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I used to visit this site almost daily on my phone. Recently, maybe within the last month, it has looked like a new site design, though when I visit on a computer, like now, it looks normal... But now, whenever I try to access the site on my phone, I can get to the main page no problem - but whenever I click on a sub-forum, it goes to a page the says "Resource Limit Is Reached". This happens just about every time now. What's going on? Thanks
I get the same message virtually every time when i access by cell phone...you can get around it tho, pretty easily....
You should get a list of categories, click the search button at the upper right....you will get a menu of options....go down to "any date" click there, from the options you can choose what date/time range....i usually pick "last visit"- this will list all new postings since your last visit....you can then choose whichever you want..

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Did anyone else who visits the site via phone notice a lay-out/design change, or excessive "Resource Limit Is Reached" messages? I can't think of a reason why that would happen (nothing has changed on the TC end).
I get that "Resource Limit" message all the time on cell phone...see above for
Process to get around it and access the site.

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
. . . but whenever I click on a sub-forum, it goes to a page the says "Resource Limit Is Reached". This happens just about every time now. What's going on?

Thanks
This will occur when the server is handling higher traffic volumes that expected. It typically means that our resources for CPU and RAM usage have temporarily exceeded the resources assigned to them.

For instance, right now there are about 926 users online ... 863 of those are 'guests'. A guest can be lurkers and/or search engine bots who constantly scan sites to update their engines.

We are using some rather outdated software and there very may well not be additional resources available. We have tons of drive storage space, so that is not an issue.

I'd say that the likely-hood of this getting repaired is next to nil. The next step for us to upgrade to another app, much like was recently done on our sister forum, MIMF.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
... whenever I try to access the site on my phone, I can get to the main page no problem - but whenever I click on a sub-forum, it goes to a page the says "Resource Limit Is Reached". This happens just about every time now.
I've been seeing exactly this for a few weeks now, but I doubt this is a genuine "resource limit is reached" situation.

Loading talkclassical.com always succeeds. Clicking a subforum will produce the resource limit message. But reloading the subforum page will always succeed.

Once a subforum has been loaded successfully. Subsequent visits to the same subforum in the same browser session sometimes succeeds, sometimes fails.

The funny thing is, I have seen this only with Android Edge. I would say 99% reproducible.

I have never seen this with Android Firefox or Android Firefox Focus.

With Windows Edge and Firefox this never happened.

Therefore, I doubt this is a genuine "resource limit is reached" situation. It is more likely an issue with Android Edge. At least in my case!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Internet is 'buggin'' all over the place. On my work, in my house, on social network...Something goes on, behind the scene of ''visible''.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I get that "Resource Limit" message all the time on cell phone...see above for
Process to get around it and access the site.
I get that on my pc very frequently lately...It happened before, but not so much like lately.

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
Internet is 'buggin'' all over the place. On my work, in my house, on social network...Something goes on, behind the scene of ''visible''.
Totally agree there. There are times my wi-fi to tv connection gets goofy, distorted pictures and such.

I've come to think the problems are somewhere in the vast internet infrastructure and not limited to just our site.

That said, you realize that our physical server is located in Denmark, as is our hosting company .... there's lots of open space and thousands of miles of cable/fox lines/wireless connections between Denmark and where I live in southern Arizona.

·
Registered
Sibelius, Beethoven, Satie, Debussy
1,698 Posts
Did anyone else who visits the site via phone notice a lay-out/design change, or excessive "Resource Limit Is Reached" messages?
When first visiting TC, without logging in, my phone defaults to the mobile version of the site, which does look different. Is that it?

Font Screenshot Material property Parallel Software

I get the Resource Limit message occasionally on my phone (Android Chrome) and on my PC (Windows Firefox).

·
Registered
15,444 Posts
It happens occasionally but not all the time. I do know that everyone will need a late model phone pretty soon. At least that is the message I got from my Android phone service provider. Networks are being updated so I had to jettison my perfectly good Motorola phone and buy a 2021 phone.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
It happens occasionally but not all the time. I do know that everyone will need a late model phone pretty soon. At least that is the message I got from my Android phone service provider. Networks are being updated so I had to jettison my perfectly good Motorola phone and buy a 2021 phone.
I finally had to break down and replace my iPhone 5C. Apps and features slowly, one by one, stopped working. Other apps would load but not work. It had enough other issues and I finally broke down and got an iPhone SE, which is basically an 11 in an 8 case.

·
Registered
32,462 Posts
Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.
Now all the time.

·
Registered
32,462 Posts
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.
Now all the time.
I mean on the normal computer.

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
Now all the time.
Occurs for me as well. Frederik is aware ... that's all I can do.

Usually a page refresh (F5 key) clears it for me - The server load averages are well within the normal tolerance levels. Anything less than 5 is really great - ours are at ~2.72 at the moment with 949 users online (that includes search engine bots)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.