Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In anticipation of Squarepusher's new idm album Damogen Furies I've discovered a very interesting project of his from last year. He composed an album for the japanese Robot band Z-Machines called Music for Robots which really managed to impress me. I didn't believe that robots could be able to perform emotionally engaging music before but this pretty much convinced me:

What do you think of it?

· Registered
9,759 Posts
Here is a similar artist that I enjoy as well... Plone, if you want to check those guys out.

· Registered
4,397 Posts
In anticipation of Squarepusher's new idm album Damogen Furies I've discovered a very interesting project of his from last year. He composed an album for the japanese Robot band Z-Machines called Music for Robots which really managed to impress me. I didn't believe that robots could be able to perform emotionally engaging music before but this pretty much convinced me:

What do you think of it?
I like the idea, Pat Metheny did a similar thing in his Orchestrion album.
By the way, if you think about it, it's not too different from what composers like Conlon Nancarrow and Antheil did

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, that's not bad, it's similar to certain genres of jazz-rock fusion I listened to in the eighties, but 'emotionally engaging'? I'm not sure I'd go that far.
Yeah, that expression was a bit exaggerated ... What I wanted to say, though, was that the robot music had more than a mere technical appeal to it in this case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.